Is it time for my bock to rest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich8932

Reaction score
I've had my bock fermenting on my basement floor for almost 3 weeks. I don't have an OG but gravity has held at 1.022 for almost a week. Is it time to give it diacytel rest and then lager? I was just hoping the FG would be lower. Is this something to worry about?

Recipe? Thats a bit high for a bock..Post recipe and fermentation conditions..all grain? Most bocks are below 1.02 but if mashed high or a lot of unfermentables than it could be done..

It was actually an extract brew, but we added "more" malt to up the final gravity. I'm a bit ticked that I don't have OG but I broke my hydrometer as I was sanitizing and I already had my smack pack going. I'm not sure what other details I can provide....

1.022 sound about right for an O.G. of at least 1.075.

Once your fermentation starts to slow, sometime after the first week, you can ramp up the temp around 10 degrees. I tend to wait too long and let it go for a couple weeks.

Back