is it ready yett?:O!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremybmx10

Reaction score
so I know my bottled beer isnt ready yett but god damit im excited! and also worried im wondering if there is any way that i can tell if its getting carbination through the bottle without opening it?

Unless you use plastic PET bottles and squeeze there really isn't a good way.

Waiting is the hardest thing to do...go out and buy a few 6 packs of different kinds of beer and call it market research. That usually helps me.

Yup. With glass bottles there's no way to know till they get 3-4 weeks at 70F or more. Then at least a week in the fridge. Then you'll know. Patience,young Jedi.

patience is (not) over-rated.

Try one! It most likely won't be ready yet, and will improve with more time. I'll tell you on my first batch years ago, I held out for 5 days. The first one was slightly carbed, tasted kinda funny, but man! I made it, and it was satisfying. It got better over the next few weeks for sure, but there's nothing wrong with tasting along the way (except that you may judge it too early and run to HBT and post threads about how your beer "tastes _____").

I see nothing wrong with trying along the way, as long as you understand that green beer doesn't taste like finished beer. As you brew more, it will be easier to wait the "correct" amount of time.

If I'm being completely honest, when I bottle something these days, even though I have a 4 tap keezer and probably 4-6 things in bottles, I still hardly wait the 3 weeks at 70* and then 1 week in the fridge mantra.

** Please don't fire away at me about encouraging bad behavior... **

Try one! It most likely won't be ready yet, and will improve with more time. I'll tell you on my first batch years ago, I held out for 5 days. The first one was slightly carbed, tasted kinda funny, but man! I made it, and it was satisfying. It got better over the next few weeks for sure, but there's nothing wrong with tasting along the way (except that you may judge it too early and run to HBT and post threads about how your beer "tastes _____").

I see nothing wrong with trying along the way, as long as you understand that green beer doesn't taste like finished beer. As you brew more, it will be easier to wait the "correct" amount of time.

If I'm being completely honest, when I bottle something these days, even though I have a 4 tap keezer and probably 4-6 things in bottles, I still hardly wait the 3 weeks at 70* and then 1 week in the fridge mantra.

I completely agree with this. Almost five years in, and I usually will try one a week until they're ready.

Not to be a wet blanket here,but you're encouraging bad behavior. :D Even with my first batch,I waited 3 weeks before putting some in the fridge a couple days for Friday night.I then learned they needed another week before fridge time. Much better. Wait for'em to be ready,& you'll have just that much more good beer to drink.

Not to be a wet blanket here,but you're encouraging bad behavior. :D Even with my first batch,I waited 3 weeks before putting some in the fridge a couple days for Friday night.I then learned they needed another week before fridge time. Much better. Wait for'em to be ready,& you'll have just that much more good beer to drink.

"Bad" behavior? Really? Seriously, who cares? Drink them whenever the hell you want to. :mug:

Yeah I try my brews after about 5 or 10 days. The last batch at 5 days tasted strangely creamy like it was cask conditioned. At 10 it was virtually completely carbed and crisp.

Its actually quite interesting to taste a batch progressively

Latest posts

Back