Is it ok to drink beer with a straw?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember a long time ago trying to drink beer from a straw. Nothing wrong with it, if you like to drink solid foam. Just use some enamel building toothpaste. :D

When I was in high school, word was that drinking beer through a straw would get you drunk faster off the same amount. Was supposed to be something about aeration or something. Old wife's tale, I think.

My roommate chipped his front tooth and had to drink beer from a straw until he could get it worked on because of the pain anything touching his tooth caused. He got used to it and says he could do it today but it's just not the same.

I remember a long time ago trying to drink beer from a straw. Nothing wrong with it, if you like to drink solid foam. Just use some enamel building toothpaste. :D

You mean enamel protecting toothpaste? Don't know if it lasts more than one beer...

When I was in high school, word was that drinking beer through a straw would get you drunk faster off the same amount. Was supposed to be something about aeration or something. Old wife's tale, I think.

I will try tonight for sure! ;)

About the Wive's Tale...I agree, Mr. Cat

To the OP:

What ever anyone does is their own business, don't worry what people think...go with the flow, I might not agree with Perverts, but hey I aint the Judge.

Someone told me about two days ago, aboout the drunk factor while using a straw. I acted like I didn't hear it. I'll drink a beer from a straw when I worry about my lipstick. Since I never have or at this point don't think I ever will wear lipstick, I'll just stick to drinking more beer to get to the "Optimim Buzz.":drunk:

my neighbor turned good friend had a brain tumor removed in '91 and one of the side effects is that he has minimal muscle control on the left side of his face: eye lid won't stay closed, mouth can't seal on a wide glass. he can only drink from a bottle or straw.. lest he dribble all over the place. he gets weird looks let me tell you.

My roommate chipped his front tooth and had to drink beer from a straw until he could get it worked on because of the pain anything touching his tooth caused. He got used to it and says he could do it today but it's just not the same.

Poor guy. Asking for a beer and a straw when out drinking...

my neighbor turned good friend had a brain tumor removed in '91 and one of the side effects is that he has minimal muscle control on the left side of his face: eye lid won't stay closed, mouth can't seal on a wide glass. he can only drink from a bottle or straw.. lest he dribble all over the place. he gets weird looks let me tell you.

OK in this case, I would definitely have to wear lipstick, and drink out of a straw....All kidding aside sorry to hear of his delima.

I have drank beer out of a straw once. It was at an amusement park that you couldn't bring in anything so walking around with a can or bottle would not work. I managed to stash a few cans in my backpack though and just got a cup with a lid and straw. Noone thought twice about it. It really wasn't that good but it was better than the alternative.

I have drank beer out of a straw once. It was at an amusement park that you couldn't bring in anything so walking around with a can or bottle would not work. I managed to stash a few cans in my backpack though and just got a cup with a lid and straw. Noone thought twice about it. It really wasn't that good but it was better than the alternative.

I thought the alternative was bringing in a few airplane bottles of booze and dumping them into your drink.

I thought the alternative was bringing in a few airplane bottles of booze and dumping them into your drink.

That would have been great if we actually had them. The other guy had a 30 pack and a bottle of wine for me to choose from.

I asked my dentist, who is very critical about red wine and coffe staing teeth, about drinking darker beers. He said pretty much drink as much as you, want, it's not acidic enough to damage teeth. Hmmmm....

I have drank so much beer through a straw it's ridiculous.. of course it had a funnel attached, and most people call it a beer bong . but hey live in the moment ...
p.s. they make some damn fine dentures now a day

I have drank so much beer through a straw it's ridiculous.. of course it had a funnel attached, and most people call it a beer bong . but hey live in the moment ...
p.s. they make some damn fine dentures now a day

This too.

Some people I knew in college would drink beer through a straw. Since it's always right by your face, I think you tend to drink more that way, or don't taste it as much, flows faster, or something. They tended to put away cheap beers really fast with straws. I had to chug a lot to keep up with them.

What we need here is DATA. As a woman of science, I don't want anecdotal evidence.
Instead, I went to an expert. My sister happens to be a dentist. Drinking beer out of a straw for cosmetic reasons, in her esteemed professional opinion, is punishable by swift delivery of a right hook. If you are simply male and vain, she recommends slamming your sac in a car door.

So, there we have it: 1 out of 1 dentists recommends testicular enhancement if you feel the desire to drink beer through a straw.

If you don't like it, take it up with her:

DSC00440.JPG

:D

Last time I drank beer out of a straw was in college and I was drinking out of a beer filled cookie sheet and being held upside down!

I asked my dentist, who is very critical about red wine and coffe staing teeth, about drinking darker beers. He said pretty much drink as much as you, want, it's not acidic enough to damage teeth. Hmmmm....

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080312031917AAjHVdz

The pH of beer ranges from 3·7 - 4·1 depending upon the brand. And for any beer brand, the pH should not vary by more than ± 0·15 units.

Anything below 4.5 isn't good for the teeth. I think your dentist was wrong, maybe.

Back