Is it a sign I did a bad job?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPP33

Reaction score
I bent and cut some tube for a guy at work for a bumper on his truck. Last night he dropped off a 24 of bud light. I’d normally take that as an insult but in all fairness I don’t think he knows the stuff that’s not in a Blue or silver can at the liquor store is actually beer.

Man you musta messed them bends up bad, or maybe you just need to introduce that man to real beer.

If you are a true beer connoisseur, then you should only drink two types of beer- free and/or cold. In the world of beater truck guys, I’d say a 24 pack of anything is a hell of a compliment.

I can appreciate free and cold, can’t see my self drinking 24 of these though. I certainly appreciate the thought.

I don't think I could get through a case of bud light but I agree that it sounds like the guy really appreciates your work.

Not everyone is a beer snob. I'm headed to the store for a case of natty light this afternoon....my brother in law will be here for the weekend.

I'd take a free beer from someone no matter the kind if I were away from home. At home, I'd have no desire to ever drinking a macro lager since I always have something better. There has been a case of Busch light in my fridge for 2 years that someone brought to a party of mine. I've never touched it.

Well since Bud Light is supposed to be the most popular non-craft beer out there, I'd say he was really grateful and appreciative of the work you did for him. Definitely a compliment especially since he doesn't know your beer preferences. You did a good thing for him. Whether or not you drink it is a different story! I like day_trippr's idea.......

John

Beer bread

Beer braised beef

Beer battered fried animal proteins.

Beer cheese

Beery soup

Light lagers are perfect for beer cooking.

I bent and cut some tube for a guy at work for a bumper on his truck. Last night he dropped off a 24 of bud light. I’d normally take that as an insult but in all fairness I don’t think he knows the stuff that’s not in a Blue or silver can at the liquor store is actually beer.

He shows you his problematic bumper, you fix bumper.

He shows you his problematic beer... I guess you need teach him to homebrew?

That was super nice of you, and I am sure he meant well. Now if I could only find a true beer.

Last edited:
Back