Is asking for a frame too much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoastieBrew

Reaction score
I recently bought a pretty expensive mattress to replace the one my fiancé and I have been sleeping on. Am I wrong in assuming that if you pay over $1K for a mattress that a basic metal frame should be included with it? And I know what they say when you assume something….:mad:

The delivery men came today while I was at work. Lucky for me it is a federal holiday and the better half was there. They refused to take the old mattress downstairs (she weighs 115 lbs or 52 kg for you metric folk) because "they don't do that", and just watched her do it. When I asked the saleman about it he looked at me like I was speaking Swahili...which I was...but that is besides the point. I wouldn't reccomend Mattress Discounters to anyone in VA.

I wouldn't reccomend Mattress Discounters to anyone in VA.

See, there is your problem. You are expecting great service from someone with the word "discount" in their store name.... Thats kind of like getting PO'd at KFC because they do not have a vegan menu. :D

See, there is your problem. You are expecting great service from someone with the word "discount" in their store name.... Thats kind of like getting PO'd at KFC because they do not have a vegan menu. :D

I knew that one was coming...se la vie. Time to shove off and enjoy a HB :mug:

Did you try and get it? Mattress store can be negotiated with. I got them to knock 250 off the price of my mattress. And got them to throw in the frame, box spring, and a mattress cover. And I spent just over a grand on it.

Did you try and get it? Mattress store can be negotiated with. I got them to knock 250 off the price of my mattress. And got them to throw in the frame, box spring, and a mattress cover. And I spent just over a grand on it.

He already "knocked off" $300 bucks. Plus he made it sound like it was included with it since he asked what style frame I wanted with it. Silly me for trusting a mattress salesman....they are a sneaky lot they are.

Back