Is anybody familair with A Little Crazy from Revolution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePote

Reaction score
Ladies and gentleman,

Like the title says, is anybody familiar with Revolution's A Little Crazy? Its a Belgian pale ale. Ive never had a hoppy Belgian before, and my trusted friend at the local mega liquor store says he isn't familiar with anything like it. I really don't like hoppy beers and im not a huge Belgian fan (I like begins but I prefer stouts, porters, scotch ales) but I LOVED this beer. I am looking to brew something similar but have a few questions:

1. Is anybody familiar with a similar commercial beer I could try?

2. Can anybody recommend a recipe for a similar beer? It dosnt have to be a clone but maybe close.

3. Total newb question. The hops seem to be exactly what I would imagine to be a flavor hop. It is not a Lagunitas "beat you over the head with a bag of hops" super bitter cant taste anything else - but it is a crisp, clean hop flavor. Its like it has everything I like about trying the hops when I brew but none of what I don't like. How is that type of flavor achived? Is it flavor addition, dry hop...?

Not sure if any of that makes since but I look forward to your feedback. Thanks.

-Mike

Try giving Revolution an email. They've been pretty helpful in the past with tips on recipe. Wont give it out but should be enough to get close.

Might try Orval or Ommegang Rare Vos for similar beers (at least style).

Sounds tasty, and a bit similar to Ale Asylum's Bedlam!

Here is a note that I found re: hop selection- suspect that the Magnum is bittering at 60, and the Cascade and Citra are late adds. Belgian yeast to give it a twist.

" Pilsner malts, hopped with Magnum, Citra & Cascade, dry hopped with Citra & Cascade."

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Home Brew mobile app

Bringing back a dead thread. I emailed Revolution and revived the following:

Thanks for reaching out about A Little Crazy. We use Rhar pale malt. It's about 90% pale, 7% carapils, and its rounded out with caragold. Happy brewing. Make a good one.
Cheers.

The recipe from the link above uses a different grain bill.

Back