Irish cream ale on a tight schedule?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllArr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's May 14th. A friend of mine has asked me to make an Irish cream ale for his wedding on June 24. The wedding is on Texas, so I need to have it all ready to take on the road by the 17th.

Do I even have time to get an Irish cream ale done in that length of time? Kveik yeast? Pressure fermentation? Lost cause? Give up and go to beer store?

I have a 55L fermzilla and everything I need to ferment and do closed transfer to Cornelius kegs. I've done a few fermentations under pressure and am comfortable with the process. I also have freezers available for cold crash. If I brew this week will it give me time for the beer to drop bright?

Yep, you should have plenty of time. I'd use a fast yeast like Kveik, let it ferment for about 10 days, then cold crash with some kind of fining. At that point you should still have at least 2 weeks to let it age and mellow, so get to brewing and good luck.

It might be ok to drink, but in such short time it won't be even near it's peak. If you want to brew something that's great as fresh as it gets, brew an apa with lots of whirlpool and/or dry hop additions.

Malty beers need time.

Back