Iphone apps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winvarin

Reaction score
Just took the plunge and shelved the jankey Blackberry they gave me at work for an iPhone. I went a couple of pages in on this thread and am having trouble finding a semi-comprehensive list of brewing apps for the iPhone. Does anybody have a link to a list?

At one point late last year, I think there was talk about a HBT app for iPhone and droid as well. Did that ever materialize?

Just took the plunge and shelved the jankey Blackberry they gave me at work for an iPhone. I went a couple of pages in on this thread and am having trouble finding a semi-comprehensive list of brewing apps for the iPhone. Does anybody have a link to a list?

At one point late last year, I think there was talk about a HBT app for iPhone and droid as well. Did that ever materialize?

I am terribly sorry to hear you made that decision. ;)

There is a HBT app for the android system but I won't ever support Apple in anything they do so I don't know what there is.

I don't know if brewzor is only for android but it is really nice. The iphone guys will chime it.

I just had to give you a little crap. Good luck :mug:

rollinred said:
I am terribly sorry to hear you made that decision. ;)

There is a HBT app for the android system but I won't ever support Apple in anything they do so I don't know what there is.

I don't know if brewzor is only for android but it is really nice. The iphone guys will chime it.

I just had to give you a little crap. Good luck :mug:

No problem
Just read your post on my HBT iPhone app

Here are the ones I know of off the top of my head:

BrewPal - full featured app for developing recipes and taking you through the brewing process. There are some timers and whatnot in there to help you time mashes and hops additions, as well as fermentation stuff, but I have trouble using them personally. BeerXML import/export supposedly coming in next point release.

BeerAlchemy Touch - Mobile version of BeerAlchemy for mac. Syncs with the desktop version. I haven't used Beer Alchemy so I cannot really tell you much about how it compares.

BrewMath - Made by the same guy who does Beer Alchemy. This has been on the app store for a long time now. It is a collection of calculators for common brewing stuff, like mash volumes, strike water temperatures, IBU calculations, etc.

Brewing Alarm - This is a free app for managing all the time-related tasks in your brewing process. It has the ability to import a BeerXML file and automatically set all the related alarms for mashing, sparging, hops additions, etc. Of course the very first recipe I tried loading into it had First Wort Hops, which it doesn't appear to handle, so those additions were missing. But apart from that it works very well and is dead simple to use.

There is also an app that integrates with BCS control systems so that you can control it remotely over your phone. I don't remember the name off-hand, but I remember it being very expensive for something you can easily do in safari.

90% of my forum browsing is done on the HBT iPhone app. Including this post.

I have both the touch and desktop version of beeralchemy.

I personally love the ability to change a recipe or update something on the go then sync it.

I transcribe my tasting notes with a dictation app then copy and paste in to the notes section them sync.

I don't really like the inventory options in the program. It's been difficult to edit ingredients on hand.

Hope that helps.

Back