Inventory Time!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
Ok folks... time to go through all of those random bags and boxes!! Yes I know most of you have them. I just finished going through my freezer, random boxes and bags with "stuff" in them. I reorganized, baggied, labeled, put away. Heck, I just realized I had enough crap to make like 100 gallons of beer, cider, and mead!! HAHAHAH!!! I made a (VERY) simple Excel spreadsheet to track all the stuff.... http://www.jdhaesloop.com/inventory.xls

Hops
Norther Brewer 1oz
Cascade 24oz
Saaz 12.5oz
Fuggles 4oz
Simcoe 4oz
Warrior 2oz
Chinook 4.5oz
Styrian Golding 2oz

Adjuncts
Bitter Orange Peel 1.5oz
Sweet Orance Peel 1oz
Star Anise 1oz
Coriander 1oz
Corn Sugar 5#
Belgian Candi Light 1#
Hop Aroma Tablet 1
Whirlfloc 4
Irish Moss 4 uses
Potassium Sorbate 4oz
Campden 2oz

Grain
6-Row 2#
Flaked Oats 4#
Black Patent 1#
Roasted Barley 3#
Rye 2#
Chocolate Malt 1#

Yeast
Safbrew WB-06 3
Lalvin D47 5
Lalvin EC-1118 1
Lalvin 71B-1122 2
Lalvin RC-212 2
Nottinghams 7
Redstar Montrachet 5
Redstar Cote De Blanc 2
RedStar Pasteur Champange 1
WLP400 1

LME
Xpale 10#
Xpale 10#
Wheat 7#
Wheat 5#
Wheat 3.3#
Gold 3.3#
Amber 3.3#
Muntons Can Light 3#

DME
Muntons X-Pale 3#
Briess Amber 3#

Mead
Sweet Mead Pack 5/5
Fruit Mead Pack 4/5
Yeast Energizer 3.7oz
Dry Mead Pack 4/5
Cyser Pack 4/5
Yeast Nutrient 7.4oz

Consumables
Large Grain Bags 10
Small Grain Bags 16

Take a few minutes this weekend and go through your stuff. Maybe you have enough random stuff laying around to make some a brew!!! :rockin: :rockin:

sirsloop said:
Maybe you have enough random stuff laying around to make some a brew!!! :rockin: :rockin:

I might have a little bit lying around to brew with. This is only my hops and grains.

inventoryrz7.jpg

So thats where all the f-ing hops went...

LMFAO... what the hell are you gonna do with 45oz Simcoe???!??!?

Ain't that the truth. I went there last weekend and they cut my ass off at 4oz! I was like... "WTF am I gonna do with 4oz of hops??" HAHAHAHAH!

sirsloop said:
So thats where all the f-ing hops went...

LMFAO... what the hell are you gonna do with 45oz Simcoe???!??!?

lol, I love hoppy beers and a majority of those were purchased at the end of Sept 07. Don't click me meow!

I wanted to make sure that I had a decent supply of the hops that I like so I can continue to make my IPA's, Rye DIPA's and soon to be finished Rye DIPL (Double India Pale Lager w/ Danish Lager yeast).

homebrewer_99 said:
Your PM mailbox is full...can't reply with address...

Harv has more supplies than my LHBS!!

I've got family and friends in Galva, Galesburg, Kewanee (Born & raised!) , Wyanet and Princeton so if you need anything just let me know and I'm sure I can make a trip that way.

HarvInSTL said:
...I've got family and friends in Galva, Galesburg, Kewanee (Born & raised!) , Wyanet and Princeton so if you need anything just let me know and I'm sure I can make a trip that way.
I lived in Galva for 7 years...(I'm an import from New Jersey...via Moline :D ).

My wife lived in Galva for 35 years and we have 2 daughters who still live there. Two of the granddaughters live in Kewanee.

I really don't need anything (made a deal with Sirloop last night) at the moment, but I'll keep you in mind.

Let me know when you come up this way. We'll share a few brews. ;)

sirsloop said:
Ain't that the truth. I went there last weekend and they cut my ass off at 4oz! I was like... "WTF am I gonna do with 4oz of hops??" HAHAHAHAH!
Brew a Bud clone. You'll have enough hops for 800 gallons! :ban:

Amarillo hops 8 oz
Centennial hops 8 oz
Chinook hops 4 oz
Fuggle hops 8 oz
Hallertauer hops 8 oz
Magnum (US) 1 lb
Mt. Hood hops 4 oz
Nugget hops 4 oz
Perle hops 8 oz
Simcoe hops 8 oz
Sorachi Ace Hops 1 Lb
Sterling hops 4 oz
Willamette hops 8 oz

Mustangj said:
Do pellets last longer the leafs in the freezer vac sealed?
A lot of people say that pellets do preserve longer. But I don't think there is a real difference unless you're talking about years of storage. I'm pretty sure the hops in everyones storage bins will be gone in less time than that. :(

BierMuncher said:
Harv...you in on the next bulk deal with Kent?

I just emailed Kent for a 50lb sack of Rahr 2-row, a half pound of Galena and a half pound of Goldings. I think it'll wind up costing around $60.

I recently picked up a 55lb sack of Maris Otter which I haven't opened yet. Still have 25lbs of Rahr pale ale malt (although I'm using 17lbs for a 5 gallon batch tomorrow!), and plenty of specialty grains.

My hops are going to take a hit with this Rye IIPA I'm doing tomorrow, but I'll still have a few ounces of Cascade and Centennial left. I have a full pound of Amarillo too (all whole leaf hops).

I sure hope the rhizomes I planted last spring produce some usable product this year!

BierMuncher said:
Trying to stay ahead of the consumption curve.

Harv...you in on the next bulk deal with Kent?

View attachment 4246

For the most part I'm set on grains and hops from Kent. I do have a couple small (5-10lb) adjunct's that I'm ordering.

What is awesome is the new White Labs group buys he is doing. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

scottthorn said:
My hops are going to take a hit with this Rye IIPA I'm doing tomorrow, but I'll still have a few ounces of Cascade and Centennial left. I have a full pound of Amarillo too (all whole leaf hops).

I sure hope the rhizomes I planted last spring produce some usable product this year!

I'm brewing at Benjamin's tomorrow, you brewing there as well?

I've got some BMC type beers (Blue Moon clone and a unfiltered wheat beer) that I need to brew for some friends that are coming in for the DSO show Feb 9.

If you need some Cascade or Centennial and you are brewing over there tomorrow let me know and I'll bring some with me.

My stash looks like Uglygoats. I have the ingredients for tomorrows batch that I bought today, plus some irish moss, yeasts and priming sugar. I live near a LHBS and I don't buy in bulk.

mrk305 said:
My stash looks like Uglygoats. I have the ingredients for tomorrows batch that I bought today, plus some irish moss, yeasts and priming sugar. I live near a LHBS and I don't buy in bulk.

More power to you! Let the LHBS worry about storing all the stuff. The only thing that would worry me is them running out of stock (or not carrying) certain items I use a lot. I guess if you are planning for a brew you just place an order a week in advance w/ them.

sirsloop said:
More power to you! Let the LHBS worry about storing all the stuff. The only thing that would worry me is them running out of stock (or not carrying) certain items I use a lot. I guess if you are planning for a brew you just place an order a week in advance w/ them.

That is what concerns me the most. 1 of the 2 LHBS's in Saint Louis are out of hops and have been for most of the last 3-4 weeks.

The other charges $3/oz for hops, which is a fair price but a bit more than the 52cents/oz I've become accustomed to.

Hell even the 5lbs I ordered last Tuesday cost me 68cents/oz, but that wasn't thru my LHBS.

So rather than worry about someone running out of stock, or worse yet dropping hops from their rotation as Midwest announced that at least 19 varieties of hops will either not be sold in 2008 or will be in very short supply.

yeh... I'd stock up on certain high demand high usage varieties like cascade and saaz. Both of them will be few and far between in a few months.

Not only does my stash look like Uglygoats, but I have a couple pound of mixed adjuncts that I don't have a mill for. Stupid LHBS only selling in 1 lb increments. Never going there again.

My LHBS will save stuff for me. Yesterday I was looking at recipes and I called to see what kind of hops the had. They will put mined in a paper bag and put my name on it and put it on the bottom shelf in the refridgerator.

They will also pick up anything that they don't stock. I wanted a bench mounted bottle capper. I Emailed them a picture off of MoreBeer.com and they picked it up for me. I was hoping someone would get it for me for Christmas, but no. I abought it a week after christmas. MoreBeers was 41.99, LHBS was $40.00.

I go there almost every week. They even offered home delivery if I couldn't make it, but I think they were joking. Who knows, they might if I asked them to.

Grains/Extracts
Extra Light Dry Extract 3 lbs
Wheat Dry Extract 6 lbs
Barley, Flaked 1 lbs
Cara-Pils/Dextrine 2 lbs
Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L 5 lbs
Chocolate Malt 5 lbs
Coffee Malt 2 lbs
Melanoidin Malt 5.0 lbs
Munich Malt 22 lbs 8.0 oz
Oats, Flaked 1 lbs
Pale Malt (6 Row) US 2 lbs
Peat Smoked Malt 1 lbs
Pilsner (2 Row) German 28 lbs
Special B Malt 1 lbs
Wheat Malt, German 22 lbs 8.0 oz
Wheat, Flaked 1 lbs
White Wheat Malt 4 lbs

Hops
Ahtanum 27.60 oz
Amarillo 27.25 oz
Centennial 28.00 oz
Columbus 4.00 oz
Crystal 4.00 oz
Fuggles 1.00 oz
Glacier 2.00 oz
Hallertauer 28.00 oz
Liberty 4.00 oz
Simcoe 2.00 oz
Summit 5.00 oz
Warrior 15.00 oz
Williamette 1.00 oz

I will probably be getting another 55lb sack or two of 2-row in an upcoming bulk order and maybe a few more specialty grains. I think I should have just enough inventory to get me through the summer.

:mug:

:( :(

I have

0.5 oz Mt Hood pellet
0.5 oz Phoenix pellet

Some yeast slurry from 2 batches ago that I was experimenting with.

I feel soooooo empty.

-JMW

Latest posts

Back