introducing me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myty1705

Reaction score
I am a homebrewer from Brownfield Texas. I have made officially ONE batch of home brew before, but now I am hooked. It has been 4 years since my last batch, but now I have the facility to do some good brewing with some good equipment. I am one who really does not like to skimp on the equipment, but does not like to pay the price for the best equipment. If that makes sense to any one here.

I am currently looking into / researching making a Belgian style ale with a couple of twists. I have come into receiving a wine barrel used to house port for the past several years. Still wet from the port. A friend of mine works at the winery as the checmist and has also offered to give me some yeasts to try. So there in lies my research of using a wine yeast on a Belgian style ale and letting it age in a wine barrel and pull some of the port flavors out into the beer.:mug:

Welcome! :mug: If you go through with your experiments, make sure to post on here with the results. People are always looking for new things to waste...I mean invest money in for this obsessi...I mean hobby. Good luck!

Welcome.

We'll want to hear more about your Belgian style Port ale ... or is it a Belgian Port style ale? :confused: :mug:

Thanks for the welcomes! I look forward to learning from you guys! I am excited about trying the barrel out and will post results when known. (maybe a year or so....)

Back