Introducing CellarTracker.org (Beta)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay finally turned my first closet of beers into a spreadsheet. Just one question: how do I share the list with people who don't have an account (i.e. for my profile here)? Thanks for your hard work!

Okay finally turned my first closet of beers into a spreadsheet. Just one question: how do I share the list with people who don't have an account (i.e. for my profile here)? Thanks for your hard work!
It is currently in development, and at the top of the to do list (aside from any bugs that pop up hindering immediate usage, of course). In the mean time you can export to CSV and load to Google Docs.

Sharing your cellar is now available for beta testing, and with that we have also launched an alternate URL for the site: haveuseenmycellar.com

Here are some quick instructions on how to make your cellar publicly available to anonymous users.
Step 1: Log into the application and navigate to "My Cellars"
Step 2: Click "Edit" on the cellar you would like to share.
Step 3: Click the "Access Control" tab.
Step 4: Under the "Anonymous Access" section change the setting to yes.
Step 5: You will see the "Include in Public Directory" field come up. Click "yes" if you want your cellar to be publicly browsable. The default is "no." Recommendation is to keep this setting until Step 7 is complete, then change to "yes" if desired.
Step 6: Click the "Save" button in that section to save your changes.
Step 7: Review the "Anonymous Views" tab to ensure that anonymous users only see the views you want them to see, and make any adjustments accordingly.
Step 8: You may now go back and add your cellar to the Public Directory if desired or use the "link to cellar" information that has now appeared in the "Anonymous Access" section to share the cellar to specific individuals of your choosing via link.

Last edited:
Any way to import an existing list from excel?
Thnx in advance

Yes, you basically export your excel file to a .csv file. Once you have created a cellar in the app, click the Import button. It should explain the process pretty clearly. Feel free to ask questions, or give us suggestions!

Bar Code Scanning has just been added as a new feature! To try it out, click on "Scan Barcode" in the new item page, then click the button that appears in the new window, and take a picture of the Bar Code.
For now, the Bar Code must be scanned horizontally.
Some items may not be found, but every new Bar Code we add will help to build the database.

Bar Code Scanning has just been added as a new feature! To try it out, click on "Scan Barcode" in the new item page, then click the button that appears in the new window, and take a picture of the Bar Code.
For now, the Bar Code must be scanned horizontally.
Some items may not be found, but every new Bar Code we add will help to build the database.
If this is even close to working, I'm ****ing excited.

If this is even close to working, I'm ****ing excited.
It's out there in beta for you to try. So far what I have found is that if it is beer from the store it works pretty alright but if it is special release stuff it has to go in the old fashioned way...but if anyone takes the minute to add a barcode if there is one, the database gets updated for everyone else.

It's out there in beta for you to try. So far what I have found is that if it is beer from the store it works pretty alright but if it is special release stuff it has to go in the old fashioned way...but if anyone takes the minute to add a barcode if there is one, the database gets updated for everyone else.

http://img.pandawhale.com/44872-this-is-****ing-awesome-mackle-lKia.gif

Let's say I was stupid enough to choose a set of styles that doesn't include meads and I now have put a 750 of the Statement into my cellar.

How can I fix this without a massive data re-entry?

If you go into your Cellar's Page, and click "Edit", you should be able to change what style set you are using (and then click Save). We automatically translate as much as we can, but some styles still may be translated to "Unknown" if we can't match stuff up correctly.

To figure out which style set you want to use, I recommend creating a new Cellar, and viewing all of the styles sets that are available.

If you go into your Cellar's Page, and click "Edit", you should be able to change what style set you are using (and then click Save). We automatically translate as much as we can, but some styles still may be translated to "Unknown" if we can't match stuff up correctly.

To figure out which style set you want to use, I recommend creating a new Cellar, and viewing all of the styles sets that are available.

Boom, thank you!

We have upgraded the Barcode Scanning functionality! Now, you should be able to scan Barcodes when they are aligned vertically (as well as horizontally)!

This new functionality is enabled by default.

If the new code doesn't work as well for you, just go to your account preferences, and change your "Barcode Scan Method" to the "Old Method", and the previous functionality will be available.

Question about the barcode functionally. Do you need to attach the pic or can you use a reader to enter the barcode onto the site?

I know someone who has a reader and might borrow it if that is an option

Question about the barcode functionally. Do you need to attach the pic or can you use a reader to enter the barcode onto the site?

I know someone who has a reader and might borrow it if that is an option

I've mainly designed it for use with a smart phone, where you click the "Scan Barcode" button and your phone prompts you to take a picture.

If you're using a computer, and you hit the "Scan Barcode" button, you can attach a picture, and it will try to read it.

I'm not sure exactly how a barcode reader will send input to the web page, but if it can follow these steps things should work:
1. Click on the barcode field on the web page so that it has the focus
2. Have your reader type the barcode into that field as a number
3. Hit the tab key to exit the field (or hit the enter while in the field)

The software will then try to lookup that barcode for you.

I just tried this myself by typing the barcode into the field, and it didn't work due to a change in how I was doing barcode stuff, so I fixed it and it should be working now. Give it a try manually with the Dark Horse Plead the 5th barcode: 0817099004648

Let me know how the barcode is trying to enter data for you, and I can try to make the process work.

Currently, there's not a lot of feedback if it doesn't find the barcode in the database, but if that's an issue, I can add some sort of status message or popup window if people think that would be helpful.

I've mainly designed it for use with a smart phone, where you click the "Scan Barcode" button and your phone prompts you to take a picture.

If you're using a computer, and you hit the "Scan Barcode" button, you can attach a picture, and it will try to read it.

I'm not sure exactly how a barcode reader will send input to the web page, but if it can follow these steps things should work:
1. Click on the barcode field on the web page so that it has the focus
2. Have your reader type the barcode into that field as a number
3. Hit the tab key to exit the field (or hit the enter while in the field)

The software will then try to lookup that barcode for you.

I just tried this myself by typing the barcode into the field, and it didn't work due to a change in how I was doing barcode stuff, so I fixed it and it should be working now. Give it a try manually with the Dark Horse Plead the 5th barcode: 0817099004648

Let me know how the barcode is trying to enter data for you, and I can try to make the process work.

Currently, there's not a lot of feedback if it doesn't find the barcode in the database, but if that's an issue, I can add some sort of status message or popup window if people think that would be helpful.

Thanks...I will hopefully test it out this weekend and let you know

We have been up and running for a while now, so it's time to officially announce that we are out of Beta Testing.

This really doesn't mean anything other than we are happy with the way the application is running, and we consider it stable.

We have also just added a few new features for this release.
lBx1Dwl.png

First, we have added 3 new fields: Original Price, Valuation, and Insurance Value.

These fields are available for you to enter whatever you like in them. The application does NOT have a magical way to grab this valuation data for you. (If anyone knows an API interface to beerblackbook, please let me know.)

kEQBdSv.png

Second, because you may not ever want to use these fields, we have added a way for you to simplify your item detail form by hiding unused fields. Just Edit your Cellar Details, select the fields you want to hide, and click save. Some fields are required, and are not available for hiding.

Finally, along with these fields, we have added some new reporting features, so you can see a total cost or value of your cellar.
If you want the application to show you a report listing all of your bottles and their total insurance value (quantity multiplied by your estimated insurance value), follow these steps:

1. Make a view of type "Report View"
2. Add the "Insurance Value Total" field (as opposed to the "Insurance Value" field).
3. Change this field to have a "Sum" function.
4. If you have the "Quantity" field in your report, make sure it also has "Sum" function
3. Change all of the other fields to "Is Category" of Yes.

kAktJi6.png

Every time I mess with any of my gueuzes, I get this error: "Please select a Style from those listed." I think it's because there's a space after Gueuze in the style name?

Every time I mess with any of my gueuzes, I get this error: "Please select a Style from those listed." I think it's because there's a space after Gueuze in the style name?
Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into what is causing it and let you know when it's fixed. Could you let me know which style set you are using?

Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into what is causing it and let you know when it's fixed. Could you let me know which style set you are using?

Ah I shoulda included that to begin with. I'm an idiot. Clearly a few days away from work has me no longer thinking like a developer...

Anyway it's BJCP 2015.

Ah I shoulda included that to begin with. I'm an idiot. Clearly a few days away from work has me no longer thinking like a developer...

Anyway it's BJCP 2015.

And you were exactly right, that extra space was the problem. It should be fixed now, along with 3 other styles that might have had this problem.

Thanks for reporting this problem!

I'm getting this message when I try to use the "forgot password" link that was emailed to me:

"This form post did not pass our security checks."

I'm getting this message when I try to use the "forgot password" link that was emailed to me:

"This form post did not pass our security checks."

We reset your password manually yesterday as a stop gap measure, and today I debugged the password reset form. The "Forgot Password" functionality should be working again for everybody. Thanks again for letting us know about this issue!

Some of you may have noticed a change to the home screen over the last few days. We have implemented a new search feature that will not just search your cellar(s), but also our entire core database of beverages.

This is to both give users access to a greater database of existing entries to help with type-ahead and barcode scanning, but to also help normalize entries in the database when users enter or upload cellar data for the same product in a number of different ways (i.e. 3 Floyds, Three Floyds, a misspelled entry, etc). This will allow for the system to collect known aliases based on user preferences and to place certain entries which may not be accurate into a holding bin for review.

Users will have the option to help provide input to the database to promote accurate entries over inaccurate entries. If you are worried about the integrity of your own data, have no fear, this will be monitored by trusted administrators to ensure that information is not compromised. This update will help us keep our data clean as more and more users import existing cellars, but also provides a good foundation for future updates. As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.

We are happy to announce another upgrade quickly on the heels of the last one!

This time, it's Tags.

You may now Tag an entry with specific keywords, and then create views that only show items that contain those keywords. You are also able to show the Tags as a column in the view.

A great use of this feature would be to tag items that are ForTrade, and then show only those items that are ForTrade in a view. That way you can show people what you've got available for a trade without showing them your entire cellar.

For step by step instructions on how to set this up, check out the FAQ at this link.

We have just released the next big feature for HaveYouSeenMyCellar: Ratings
You can now use the application to share your thoughts about any item in the database!

To Rate an item in your cellar, just navigate to your Item's Location page, and click the Rating tab. You can see the current Overall Average and Total Ratings from here.

You can also Rate any item that the software knows about. Find the item through the main Search interface, or via the Explore button. Once you are on the item page, click the "Rate this item" button.

When you are rating an item, enter numeric values on a 10 point scale for Aroma, Appearance, Flavor, Mouthfeel, and Overall Impression, or select your rating via a sliding scale. You can then expound upon that numeric value with a description if you like.

The application will average all of the first 4 attributes (Aroma, Appearance, Flavor, Mouthfeel) for you and calculate an Overall Impression, but feel free to override that value.

If this much detail isn't to your liking, just skip it. The only required field on this page is the Overall Impression numeric value.

Once you are ready, just Save your rating. At this point, if you have an Untappd account, we can automatically checkin this beer/mead/cider for you.

To see the Ratings, just click "Ratings" on the application home page, select item type (Beer/Mead/Cider, Glassware, Spirit, or Wine), and one of the Ratings Views (My Ratings, User Ratings, New Ratings, Top Rated).

In the Top Rated view, you can see the items with the highest ratings on the site.
In the other views, you can see the individual ratings, and click the plus key to see the detailed reviews.

In order to improve rating integrity, we have implemented a couple of unique features.

We have established an initial baseline rating for as many items in our database as possible through sophisticated deep web searching techniques. These ratings are under the username of TickerBot.

Additionally, ratings can be upvoted and downvoted accordingly by registered users, just click the plus key on an individual rating, and then click Upvote if you agree with the rating, or Downvote if you disagree.

For our current users, a new view has been added to your cellar. It's is called "By Rating", and lists everything in your cellar according to the item's averaged rating. This column is also available to be added to your other cellar views.

Finally, we'd like to give a big Thank You! to MeadMe for his help testing and providing data!

We have upgraded the Barcode Scanning functionality! Now, you should be able to scan Barcodes when they are aligned vertically (as well as horizontally)!

This new functionality is enabled by default.

If the new code doesn't work as well for you, just go to your account preferences, and change your "Barcode Scan Method" to the "Old Method", and the previous functionality will be available.

Has anyone tried using a scanner and have it work? The one I had from a friend was wireless and I couldn't get it to populate the field.

Has anyone tried using a scanner and have it work? The one I had from a friend was wireless and I couldn't get it to populate the field.
The scanner is designed to work with the camera on your phone. I am not sure if anyone has gotten it to work with an actual barcode scanner. That being said, it’s only as good as the barcode data in brewerydb. I find the type-ahead much less of a hassle to use over the scanner method.

Back