Intertap Stout Spout vs Stout Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience comparing the new Interntap Stout spout like these :

17711.jpg

8145-stout-spout-for-intertap-thread-on-tap-right.jpg

Directly to a dedicated stout faucet like this:

2013-03-06_00.44.41.jpg

Both on nitro, and if so what were the results? Is the head created by the Intertap even close to dedicate stout faucet?

fwiw, the five hole restrictor plate, the white plastic flow straightener, and the O-ring, all look identical to the same parts in my Micro Matic stout faucet spout.

Even the geometry of that spout looks the same - although it sports male threads while my spout has female threads.

I'm betting the pour will be more similar than not...

Cheers!

Awesome! Those were my thoughts exactly. From what I could tell from the exploded diagrams of faucets like the Micromater the parts inside the Interact seemed to be VERY similar from the threads down (restrictor, o-ring, and shape of spout itself). Was just hoping there weren't any of the other internal workings of the Micromater that helped with that nice stout pour.

I've heard they tend to drip for a bit due to the restriction plate. I'm not sure if regular stout faucets do this. Getting the intertaps myself since they are a close match to my ventmatics.

I've heard they tend to drip for a bit due to the restriction plate. I'm not sure if regular stout faucets do this.[...]

They do. It's a combination of the restrictor plate, elongated vertical spout and the small opening.
The stout spout for the Intertap may not drip for quite as long as the spout is at an angle...

Cheers!

Very good to know. Not a huge worry though as I always spray my taps out with StarSan and use tap covers like these.

faucetcover_large.jpeg

I have a stout tap now and an intertap stout tap on the way...I'll let you know when I have used both but my stout tap drips the normal drip or two right after I turn it off... its to be expected since the valve is at the top above the restrictor plate. and beer drains from there due to gravity.

Great! I look forward to the side by side comparison Augiedoggy!

When do you think think you'll have it?

Great! I look forward to the side by side comparison Augiedoggy!

When do you think think you'll have it?

I ordered the flow control intertaps directly from china because they are a lot cheaper on aliexpress so it might not be for another week or two.... hopefully they will show next week.

Oh wow. I ordered my SS flow control Intertap faucet and stout spout from MoreBeer! a week or two ago and received it within a few days. It seems like a quality product thus far, but I just checked Alixpress and holy crap the price difference...

Oh wow. I ordered my SS flow control Intertap faucet and stout spout from MoreBeer! a week or two ago and received it within a few days. It seems like a quality product thus far, but I just checked Alixpress and holy crap the price difference...

yeah kegking and some of the other australian namebrands like intertap that are sold at williams brewing mostly have their products made in china so the stuff is also sold direct... I got my kegking brand beergun for $40 shipped and now I have seen them for as little as $19 + shipping they do come snail mail though compared to places that have US stock. I have ordered 2 other taps from ALI so far with no issues, a stainless perlick and a cheaper flow control one also sold as a kegking brand I believe.

I ordered the flow control intertaps directly from china because they are a lot cheaper on aliexpress so it might not be for another week or two.... hopefully they will show next week.

Do you have a link for Ali express tap? I tried searching on there but must not be putting in the correct search words. Thanks for the tip!

They cant ship the taps to the states anymore :mad: only the accessories someone put an end to it likely because they were so much cheaper through ali. in November the standard stainless intertap taps were only $15 each... I love my flow control taps. Wish I bought more.

You posted a month ago but I am getting new taps and was wondering if that pour was with Co2 or on Nitro/Gas Mix.

Thanks,
Jeff

AliExpress always seemed shady, is it safe to order from them? They take PayPal?

They dont normally take paypal... most vendors out side the US dont. thier protection is great though, once something that I ordered shipped from singapore and took so long they refunded my money but it showed up the following day. usually I get everything in about 2 weeks.

Ive ordered a lot of stuff from aliexpress and you Yourself very likely have stuff from their parent wholesale supplier website alibaba since a lot of reseller vendors here buy it from there in bulk to resell. (Not all do this)

2 years ago they did 7 times more sales than ebay and amazon combined at Christmas time.

I bought one of these last but it appears they are also no longer avaliable.. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...32453833489.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.kSmDcM
They do use the intertap tips but with perlick oring guts.

Hey guys - I've used picnik taps for years and just got around to putting a collar on my keezer.
Here is my "ignorance showing" question:
Do I really need a nitrogen-mix gas using the stout spout? Or said differently, if just using CO2, will it make a difference to use a stout spout?

Hey guys - I've used picnik taps for years and just got around to putting a collar on my keezer.
Here is my "ignorance showing" question:
Do I really need a nitrogen-mix gas using the stout spout? Or said differently, if just using CO2, will it make a difference to use a stout spout?

You will get a glass of foam (that will result in a glass fillings about 10% with beer after 30 mins.)
you need beer gas (75% nitro 25% co2 premixed) otherwise your best bet is to just use a regular tap.

Has anyone had issues with their intertap stout adapter leaking where it mates with the faucet?

I just used mine for the first time with coffee. Made sure it was attached nice and snug and I am getting a slight leak where it meets the main faucet.

Still a great pour but annoying.

IMG_4652.jpg

Last edited:
They cant ship the taps to the states anymore :mad: only the accessories someone put an end to it likely because they were so much cheaper through ali. in November the standard stainless intertap taps were only $15 each... I love my flow control taps. Wish I bought more.

Not as good as the alixpress but good deal for sure. Looks like 3, 4, or 5 packs of INtertap Flow Control Gen 2 facuets. Nitro spouts available.
http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/4-pack-intertap-forward-sealing-stainless-flow-control-faucet/

Has anyone had issues with their intertap stout adapter leaking where it mates with the faucet?

I just used mine for the first time with coffee. Made sure it was attached nice and snug and I am getting a slight leak where it meets the main faucet.

Still a great pour but annoying.

Oring in there? Any kinks?

Back