Nukatap vs intertap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyPA

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently added a 2 tap tower on my kegerator and am looking to replace the crappy faucets that came with the tower. Does anyone have experience with both Nukatap and Intertap ?

I like the Intertap appearance as it doesn't have a brand name stamped on it, and doesn't have the weird broken nose look like the nukatap. Also, o-rings can be found in the future for the Intertap stainless shuttle where the plastic shuttle in the nukatap is proprietary and you'd likely be out of luck if they go out of business.

The Nukatap on the other hand is the newer/revised tap, and is supposed to be better with foam on the first pour.

Reviews are mixed, with some noting no noticeable difference in foam.

I think I am most likely going with Intertap, but wanted to hear others thoughts. I'd likely use the Intertap for my stouts with the stout nozzle and use my current SS Perlick for my IPA's.

Last edited:
I have both as well as Perlicks.
DSC_0016~2.JPG

Any differences in flow are not that obvious to me. They all work fine as beer taps. Kegland sold its Intertaps based on a lot of spiel and talking shite about Perlicks. They're selling their over-engineered (imo) Nukataps with even more spiel. If I add the costs of my Intertaps and Nukataps they cost me more than my 630SS Perlicks. I like Perlicks more. They have a definite feel and look of quality. Perlicks weigh a little more than Nukataps (190g Vs 171g) and Intertaps weigh in at a 'massive' 224g. If you believe the tosh about thermal mass in the marketing spiel. What makes Kegland's taps different, apart from lower price/quality, is they accept interchangeable nozzles. I have a small collection of these interchangeable nozzles, but I've never used them, beer taps being beer taps. Again, all these taps work fine. I prefer Perlicks. If I had a tight budget I wouldn't hesitate to snap up some now much cheaper Intertaps, which are nice forward-sealing taps. Nukataps remind me of footballer's legs dangling off my beer tower. A little bit weird. I don't like the over-engineered shuttle either. It's claimed functions, according to the marketing spiel, look a bit questionable, to me. They look like they're easy to damage, too. Then what? I've got a little bag if o-rings for the Perlicks.

@McMullan thanks for the feedback.

I own a 630SS Perlick and thought about getting a second but then came across the Intertap's stout nozzle and it's kind of selling me on it. With my setup, I intend to always have an IPA and stout on tap, so the nozzle would definitely get use; I watched a few videos on it and it's awesome getting a quasi-nitro pour on CO2. Plus, if I do ever switch up beer styles on the stout side, I will always have the regular nozzle to switch back to. I'm not sure how my OCD will handle having different taps on each side of the tower, but if all goes well with the intertap, maybe I will get a second. Then again, it can be viewed as a 'specialized' tap for stouts. I hate to pack up my Perlick tap, it's treated me well.

The cool part is I am able to get a full EVAbarrier setup, including faucet/shank/fittings/tube, for about what a standalone Perlick SS costs these days. I'm definitely going with intertap over nukatap, if I don't cancel my order before it ships!

Last edited:
Decided to go with the Intertap, the whole package came to $83 shipped. This includes changing over to an EVAbarrier duotight setup from keg to spout. While my Perlick 630SS has caused me no problems, I see no downside/negatives to Intertap, and love the spout options. I will likely continue using the Perlick for non-stout styles.

Intertap SS faucet
Intertap stout spout
Intertap SS shank with duo-tight barb
Duotight fitting for shank barb
Duotight flare fitting for QD
5.5 ft EVAbarrier tubing

Love my stout spout! Also does a good job of mimicking cask ale for my bitters.

cheers!
591214FC-8057-4450-864B-72E8B85CC0E1.jpeg

I don't think the Perlick 630 is a bad faucet design but the one thing that always struck me is the fact that it was an emergency solution to a patent lawsuit by Vent-Matic to shut down the 525 models. I've had the 525s on my system longer than any other faucet and it never leaked. I have one 630 I tested for a year and it's the only one that leaked. The swinging ball just doesn't get forced against the front seal under the beer's pressure as well as the shuttle design.

The intertap is essentially the Vent-Matic with some slight machining differences. It pours like the Perlick 525. The nukatap is very similar but the shuttle inside is plastic. It's hard to know exactly what the motive was but I wouldn't immediately accept the marketing version of the story.

@Bobby_M I’ve still got one of my 525s - my trusty camping tap.
623501E1-D66F-4098-B02B-322D2649A672.jpeg

I‘ve not had any leak issues with Perlicks, including the 630s, but I do clean them weekly when they’re in use and I use springs to help with sealing. Opted for the springs to counteract accidents due to people so mesmerized by pouring their own pint they expressed no idea how to close the tap.

@Bobby_M I’ve still got one of my 525s - my trusty camping tap.
View attachment 760541
I‘ve not had any leak issues with Perlicks, including the 630s, but I do clean them weekly when they’re in use and I use springs to help with sealing. Opted for the springs to counteract accidents due to people so mesmerized by pouring their own pint they expressed no idea how to close the tap.

You need smarter friends.

We have accumulated a small collection of beer faucets, Perlick, Tap-Rite, and another brand that does not have a name stamped on it.
No issues as long as you clean them frequently. At least every two weeks or so. If you do not, they will drip.
My Tap-Rite faucets never drip. But they will stick, and freeze up solid if you do not pour a pint every day. This is a good excuse to pour yourself another beer!

Most of these are solid stainless steel, but a couple are chrome plated brass.

I have seven 630's and never experienced a problem. For some reason (before I dialed in my flow system), I thought it would be a great idea and bought several 650s. Big mistake, trying to solve a small issue with a sledge hammer. Every.single.one leaked - right out of the box (i.e. no buildup from beer pours). Moral: balance your system properly, keep everything as simple as possible, and life becomes much better (and usually cheaper).

I've been debating on the Intertap as well, which is what brought me here. I have 8 650SS on my keezer and, like @Gozie Boy says, they are a pain.

I went with the intertap, it works and looks great. Not to say nukatap isn't equally as good, but IMO the intetap wins in the looks department.

Latest posts

Back