Intertap faucet randomly quit pouring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TkmLinus

Reaction score
Yesterday I cleaned the keg lines/faucet and put a fresh keg on tap. I did a quick pour to get the rinse water out and get the beer flowing. A few hours later friends came over and the tap wasn't pouring at all. It is an adjustable flow Intertap faucet. Gas was fine(8-9 PSI). I disconnected and reattached the liquid post, still no flow. Adjusted flow control valve to all positions with the tap open, no flow. Thankfully I have a picnic tap so I attached that and it worked as expected. At the end of the night I reattached the liquid post that goes to the faucet figuring that I could fix it later. Checked this morning it is pouring just fine. With the keg and faucet being such simple devices I am quite confused as to how the faucet can randomly stop working. Any ideas?

maybe something in the poppet on the keg that dislodged when you switched to the picnic tap.

Back