Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought the ball lock adapter and it is my new love for filling bottles. I just have a qd with 1.5' of 3/8" od hose on it. I slipped the hose through a #2 drilled stopper and use it like the biermuncher filler. Works like a damn charm!

I like the idea of using the ball lock attachment for the beer gun, but honestly this has worked out so well i'm not sure I see the need.

IMG_20160811_181658986.jpg

I like the idea of using the ball lock attachment for the beer gun, but honestly this has worked out so well i'm not sure I see the need.
Love the tap handles! I just like having the stopper on there to give the bottle some back pressure to prevent foaming. When I was using the regular growler filler attachment I was loosing beer to foaming.

Love the tap handles! I just like having the stopper on there to give the bottle some back pressure to prevent foaming. When I was using the regular growler filler attachment I was loosing beer to foaming.

No reason you can't add a stopper to Dolomieu's growler filler.

You could add stoppers but the tube size is a step up from the perlick growler fillers I use to use. The issue I ran into with using a stopper with the perlick filler is that the pressure would build up enough to pop the filler out of the faucet. Which is one reason I stopped using a stopper. The other reason is that it really isn't needed. If you want to use it that fine, but again it's not needed. I have gathered plenty of awards filling with out it and as time goes on I waste very little beer and foaming have not been an issue for me at least.

I'm a big believer in doing what works for you.

I actually bought a barbed growler filler when I bought my first one from China. With the Flow Control faucets, a simple tube like that is so awesome for bottling it isn't even funny. I really like my two Flow Control Intertaps. I am going to buy a third and completely De-Perlick my setup.

I just put an o ring on the regular spout for the intertaps and push the bottle up tight
I did it without an oring and don't know if it makes a diff or not
But the bottle and the spout kinda seal and I have to loosen the bottle to let a hiss out now and then
So maybe dolemieus setup with rubber bungs on bottom to the bottle and a basketball needle inserted with a cap to loosen a tiny bit and let the beer come in would be perfect?
Thoughts

I am amazed at how complex something that should be relatively simple, can have so many problem and considerations! Somethings gotta pour that beer though.

Can anyone give me the size of the O ring in the tap where the spout attaches. Mines disintegrated. Looks like a double lipped one.

Just got my faucet on Friday. It's really well made. I am kicking myself for not ordering the Post attachment right away.

I didn't find time to mount in my kegerator, but I am hoping to tonight. I am curious to see if the spring works well or it I will not like it. It might interfere when filling bottles off the tap. If I use a bottle filling wand I usually just leave the faucet open during the whole fill process.

Can anyone give me the size of the O ring in the tap where the spout attaches. Mines disintegrated. Looks like a double lipped one.

If you want a more readily available solution that works just fine (I actually switched to all silicon #204's in my Intertaps.. and they do screw down just fine, contrary to what I said back then) look at my post from last May #435 in this thread.

That would be #014 in BUNA and #204 in "red" silicone-- O-rings. And yes, I know they are not Metric flat washers. They don't actually need to be.

You can get bags of 100 of them for a few bucks on e-bay/Amazon. There isn't a lot of actual pressure on the spout and it seems really not picky about what you use for a washer. Honestly you could probably run it without a washer for anything other than the growler filler and probably the ball lock spout and be fine.

So does the Intertap spring require the shank to be a certain type? I already had a shank, so I just bought the faucet and spring, and it doesn't feel like it going to work right. I have to loosen the handle nut quite a bit to get it to spring back. Maybe the pressure of the beer will help it?

Any shank will work. And, yes, you do need to loosen the nut a bit, sometimes. But as long as you're not leaking afterwards, then you were too tight before hand.

Seems that way, I just got my three yesterday and am planning on actually taking notes and pictures soon. I'm not overjoyed with the quality nor what seems like a mating shank that won't work for me :/

Any shank will work. And, yes, you do need to loosen the nut a bit, sometimes. But as long as you're not leaking afterwards, then you were too tight before hand.

Cool. I'll check installation again and maybe add a small drop of lube to the swivel surfaces. Maybe just needs some Starsan on it to loosen it up until the beer gets added. I haven't actually hooked up a keg to it yet since the keg that is in there is the same as the another keg I have in there.

Or maybe I tighten them down tighter than they need to be tightened. I've never had a leak, though...

Am I missing something or do I just need to play with my new toys more? All of my normal shanks have a concave cutout that mates with the tap, the shanks I got with my intertaps seem to have a 2" straight bore to accept the spring. Will the spring just end up more compressed when using a normal shank?

I also really do like the spring action with the stock shank. It makes me feel better about leaving my keggerator unattended around my curious dog and my roommate that loves to serve pizza on top of the keggerator and seems to bump a tap handle open whenever I'm thinking about it.

I finally got around to trying my FC faucet. It's on one of the adaptors that attach right to the ball lock disconnect, in other words there is no beverage line) and it's a pretty good pour.

Which adapter did you use? i'd love to have a FC faucet that attaches directly to a ball lock fitting for my 2.5g kegs in the fridge. Williams Brewing, in their Q&A section, says their adapter does not work with the FC version.

Am I missing something or do I just need to play with my new toys more? All of my normal shanks have a concave cutout that mates with the tap, the shanks I got with my intertaps seem to have a 2" straight bore to accept the spring. Will the spring just end up more compressed when using a normal shank?

I also really do like the spring action with the stock shank. It makes me feel better about leaving my keggerator unattended around my curious dog and my roommate that loves to serve pizza on top of the keggerator and seems to bump a tap handle open whenever I'm thinking about it.

Yes, the spring just compresses more with standard shanks compared to intertap shanks. It requires a little more force to pull the handle for a pour, but worked fine for me otherwise.

Yes, the spring just compresses more with standard shanks compared to intertap shanks. It requires a little more force to pull the handle for a pour, but worked fine for me otherwise.

I ended up snipping a few turns off two of the springs, then bending/filing it flat as it was before.
Initially I was concerned with the strength of the spring in a non-intertap shank as some of my handles are plastic, but after shortening the springs a touch, I can't wait to give the first one a shot with the new keg tonight.

As I mentioned earlier I am a little less than impressed with the interior finishing after the forward sealing bit, can't wait to see if that affects the pour.

I've been wanting to get set up with some good faucets, but a couple of things have gotten in the way. One big item is that we need roof replacement/repairs from a tree falling on our house. It took out my "beer room" where I stored my grain and brewing equipment. Rain has delayed any roof work. I still need to purchase a suitable chest freezer for a keezer. Sometimes I guess, it just takes patience.

So true. You'll get there. There are more important things to do sometimes. This reminds me I need to shop for some shingles to replace a few that blew off in a wind storm earlier this month. Just a couple path-ins here and there. And then a bunch to recover a side porch that sticks out. That will be a whole tear-off and replace the decking too. Luckily it's only about a 6x8 foot porch. Harest part will be matching the shingles and finding 2 dry days to do it.

Ordered 2 of the chrome Intertap faucets for my kegerator build. Yes stainless would be nice but not in the budget right now and the chrome will last a couple years.

I have two chrome. Been a couple months now and no complaints at all.

Ordered 2 of the chrome Intertap faucets for my kegerator build. Yes stainless would be nice but not in the budget right now and the chrome will last a couple years.
Sont sweat it, The chrome ones really will last just as long as the stainless ones.. They can just get nasty inside if you dont keep them clean... They didnt even make stainless taps until bud started requiring it in recent years..

Back