International brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JebCkr

Reaction score
It seems most people here are US based. I'll be moving to South Korea in January and intend to continue brewing there. Any other brewers abroad or brewing experiences in uncommon places?

Cheers :tank:

I've just started brewing here in Russia, it wasn't too difficult to get all the equipment together that I needed, it's a pretty ghetto setup I have though and getting a rolling boil is a ***** with my electric stove. Brewed my second batch last night, a Northern English Brown.

My Russian's terrible and while I struggle to call for a taxi I can now at least say useful things like 'copper tubing' and 'fermentation temperature'

I've just started brewing here in Russia, it wasn't too difficult to get all the equipment together that I needed, it's a pretty ghetto setup I have though and getting a rolling boil is a ***** with my electric stove. Brewed my second batch last night, a Northern English Brown.

My Russian's terrible and while I struggle to call for a taxi I can now at least say useful things like 'copper tubing' and 'fermentation temperature'

I'm imagining you in a one room apartment with a single chair and a wooden table. Peeling wallpaper with a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling. Bitter cold, snow 2 feet deep and no source of heat other than your electric stove.

Maybe a big sickle and hammer crudely painted on your wooden wall. And in the middle of it all, you toil over a dirty glass carboy while talking to yourself about getting revenge of some sort.

Cheers:mug:

You're scarily close to the truth there! Most of the Russians think I'm crazy, the only form of homebrewing they have here out in Siberia is village made samogon (Russian moonshine) Potent!

You're scarily close to the truth there! Most of the Russians think I'm crazy, the only form of homebrewing they have here out in Siberia is village made samogon (Russian moonshine) Potent!

Okay, so now I'm curious. What are you doing in Siberia? My best guess is you are writing a depressing, yet enlightening nihilistic novel. Am I close?

I've been brewing in Italy for the last two years, with decent results so far, the local hardware store has a small selection of brewing stuff on hand in addition to all the home wine making stuff, the biggest problem for me was/is keeping temps down in the summer! I probably should of gave in and done a keezer mod, but I just limited my brewing to fall/winter/spring. Central AC is rare here and leaving the AC on nonstop will just run up your electricity bill like no other. Enjoy Korea though! What part are you going too?

Back