Internal tap system for commercial fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReuFroman

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the best way to put in a tap system on a new fridge that I won at an auction. It is a beast and I want to keep it hole free. I have lots of space to do any custom lines in it. So how do I get 4-6 taps in the fridge. Or how would you? Here is a link to the fridge. Have you seen an internal non picnic tap system anywhere?

http://www.truemfg.com/catalog.aspx?language_id=1&event_id=401&categoryId=416&productName=T-72

image-689278906.jpg

If i had that beast I think I might devise some double doors; put the taps inside the main doors but still have another barrier inside to keep from heating up the whole thing every few minutes when getting a beer.

Great looking cooler.

If you did not want to mess with opening doors at all, maybe you could run your lines out the bottom of the refrigerator to a outboard tap station?

The down side would be the added hose length and the issues with how to best insulate or cool the beer lines

Most commercial older units have a vent hole about 3/4 inch in diam to act as a drain hole to a tray. Check your units bottom, You could route your lines out this hole and flow to a custom tap centre that stands near your baby. What a find. I used to have a double door stainless unit from a commercial kitchen that I got for taking it away within 1 hour! Long story. Great ending. It pays to have a trailer nearby!! !

I think I would build a shallow box to hold the taps. Fit the box to the inside so when you open the door you see your taps, drip tray, and brewery logo.

Latest posts

Back