installing love controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eppo

Reaction score
I have a keezer build with a 2x6 collar. i would like to mount the controller in the collar. what is the best way to get a square hole in the collar to slide the controller in? i'm more into mechanics and not so much woodworking. is there a tool to make this easy?

I used a dremel with a cutting bit. I would make a jig to help guide - I learned the hard way that it is very difficult to cut a straight line.

You could also probably use a router or a jigsaw.

What i would do is take a drill and drill a hole in each corner (it helps to keep from over shooting the corner). A metal straight edge (or something similar) clamped to the wood and placed so the edge of the base plate rides up against the straight edge (place on the outside of your cut so if you stray from the guide you cut into your hole) it then becomes a simple job of cutting with a jig saw.

Otherwise i would use a coping saw (if you dot have a jig saw) and free hand it (you still want the holes in the corner). If you use a coping saw realize that the blade comes off so it can go through a hole, and the blade turns in the frame so you can turn corners (you have no idea how many times i have seem people amazed at how flexible a coping saw is)

I just drew a rectanangle and used a jig saw. If you don't have one, get one - they're cheap. I didn't even drill holes. If the hole isn't big enough or sized correctly at first, it is very easy to clean it up with the jig. You'll see as I did that it's pretty easy.

What i would do is take a drill and drill a hole in each corner (it helps to keep from over shooting the corner). A metal straight edge (or something similar) clamped to the wood and placed so the edge of the base plate rides up against the straight edge (place on the outside of your cut so if you stray from the guide you cut into your hole) it then becomes a simple job of cutting with a jig saw.

Otherwise i would use a coping saw (if you dot have a jig saw) and free hand it (you still want the holes in the corner). If you use a coping saw realize that the blade comes off so it can go through a hole, and the blade turns in the frame so you can turn corners (you have no idea how many times i have seem people amazed at how flexible a coping saw is)

+1 to both, but the easiest is a drill and jig saw, and IMO if you are building a keezer and do not possess these two tools, then you should stop.

its not that hard since the hole doesn't have to be perfect because the trim ring around the unit hides it. I drilled the corners and used a jig saw free hand

kegerator41.jpg

Back