Input on my RIMS build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellinmi88

Reaction score
I am putting together a RIMS Brew Cart and would like some input on where to put control panel and pumps.

Here is where I am at:

ForumRunner_20120226_163401.jpg

I would like to place the control panel on the top shelf but am not thrilled with having a lot of visible wires everywhere. I am planning on using two PIDS and relays, a power switch for the RIMS, power switch for the boil kettle,a master power switch, single pump switch with only 2 temp probes.

I would like to placethe pump on the bottom shelf...there is roughly 6"of space down there which should be plenty of room. The other option would be to put the pump on the black shelf between the two vessels. I am only using 1 pump with two 3 way valves.

The cart itself will have one main power supply connection with a main water supply connection as well. Iwas also planning on mounting them onthe bottom shelf.

ForumRunner_20120226_164338.jpg

ForumRunner_20120226_164330.jpg

Definitely put pump on bottom shelf, below black shelf. This will help with priming.

You could cover that top shelf with something similar to that black stuff and just tie wrap all the wiring below the cover? That would look pretty clean.

Not sure I would attach a main power supply on the bottom shelf. Power is best kept high or seperate from the cart altogether, for safety.

Back