Inkbird Wifi Smart Temperature Controller, Up to 50% off ($32.5)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree, the app is almost useless. At least you can see the temp and change it from the app.

Agree, it is handy to see what the temp is currently while I am cold crashing or doing a free rise (while I am away from home). It is not so handy when fermenting since it just shows that the fermentation is being controlled in the range selected (which is what you would expect).

It would be nice if the graph worked. It appears that the graph only works while I have the app open. Every time I come back to the graph it is blank.

It would also be nice to know how often and long the connected device has been cycling. I don't think you can even tell if it is currently powering the connected device... you would just have to infer that it is outside the set temperature range (and outside the short cycle setting).

It would also be nice to know how often and long the connected device has been cycling. I don't think you can even tell if it is currently powering the connected device... you would just have to infer that it is outside the set temperature range (and outside the short cycle setting).

That is one thing that they could do to make it real handy. It would be great to see the data points of when it started and stopped and the temps.

If you are using it for an internet connected thermometer, you can literally do that with that ESP8266 part I referenced, a Dallas DS18B20 thermometer for less than $10, and a few dozen lines of code, though. I wouldn't tie up a controller for that. I plan on such a project to monitor my input and output temperatures of my counter flow chiller so when I do I'll post the code and hookup somewhere.

It was nice to get it for half price, but, since I already have several temp. controllers, I was only getting this for the wifi capability and that doesn't work. Another STC 1000 would have been a better choice, though I have more of those than I am using.

Maybe, if the software updates, I'll try it again.

Hmm, I sent the money to the email days ago but I have not gotten a response yet.

It was nice to get it for half price, but, since I already have several temp. controllers, I was only getting this for the wifi capability and that doesn't work. Another STC 1000 would have been a better choice, though I have more of those than I am using.

Maybe, if the software updates, I'll try it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you.

1. Please follow the steps mentioned in this link and make sure yours is right or not again.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7575890&postcount=1

2. After the above operation, you won’t connect it. Please connect in different routers to check whether your router is OK or not.

3. Give us your router and cellphone models and your current cellphone system version. We need to filter some information to improve our unit.

If still has problem, PLS PM us.

Woke up today, 800 miles from home and decided to cold crash. I'm pretty happy with the Inkbird WiFi controller.

I can't imagine how I would live without out it now.

It's nice to be able to check/adjust the temp while away.

Just getting around to trying mine out. It seems to connect (the wifi symbol on the controller goes from flashing to solid) but the app hangs at "Configuring Wi-Fi". Any suggestions?

I only just recently connected the device to my newly bought freezer (nothing inside of it yet) but it appears to be working just fine. It does overshoot my cool temperature it appears, not sure if that's because of lack of air flow or thermal mass in my empty 7.2 cubic feet freezer or what.

Also, it has an area to select a compressor delay, what is the purpose or use for this and are there any recommendations or keeping it at 0 sufficient?

I had my controller set to cool, with a temp range of 38 to 36 and it would turn on right away when the controller read 38 but it seemed to take a little time before shutting off when the temp got below 36.. the temperature controller read 32.x before turning off on nearly every cycle.

Is there any recommendations on temperature range to set for a keezer?

Hi all ... I have gone through most of the posts regarding the C919, and I see it is very intermittent as to whether or not it works. That be as it may, I bought one anyway ... I'll just use it as a stand alone controller until I have time to fiddle with it, or until Inkbird releases a new version for Android.

Question for InkBird: Do you EVER plan on releasing an update to the Android App?? I see only one person who has ever got the Android APP to connect ... for a little while anyway. I also see the Playstore link is still on your website, but the latest Android version is still 1.0 released in May 2016!!

It doesn't seem like much work is being done to resolve the connectivity issues and make this a decent product for use. You do know that you could sell a lot more of these if the Android APP actually worked as advertised!!

Hi all ... I have gone through most of the posts regarding the C919, and I see it is very intermittent as to whether or not it works. That be as it may, I bought one anyway ... I'll just use it as a stand alone controller until I have time to fiddle with it, or until Inkbird releases a new version for Android.

Question for InkBird: Do you EVER plan on releasing an update to the Android App?? I see only one person who has ever got the Android APP to connect ... for a little while anyway. I also see the Playstore link is still on your website, but the latest Android version is still 1.0 released in May 2016!!

It doesn't seem like much work is being done to resolve the connectivity issues and make this a decent product for use. You do know that you could sell a lot more of these if the Android APP actually worked as advertised!!

Yes. Android APP is not improved. Because there are many versions for Android cellphone systems. It is difficult to improve and get the features together.

I believe your answer was "Yes" to updating the APP. Any idea of when you think the update will come out?

I have an iPhone now, so I thought I might finally get this thing to work. Sadly, it seems the iPhone app is no longer in the app store.
Hi, it is Inkbird. Sorry for inconvenience to you. Our C919 iPhone app now is updated. Pls check and feel free to contact us if there is still any problem.

Back