Inkbird ITS-308 WiFi app seems wonky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiknNutz

Reaction score
I am curious if everyone else experiences the same thing with this app. I emailed Inkbird the same info but haven't received a reply. Really just wanted to see if this is just how the app rolls or what but sure acts odd to me, given it seems to change the data it shows every day.
  1. When I first installed the app, it showed each day in the "Temp Trend Diagram" section of the app. Now it does not show any dates.
  2. Also within the "Temp Trend Diagram", just until yesterday, it showed the temperature trend over time, but the trend line was pushed to the very top of the graph. It would be much nicer if it were auto-centered on the Y-axis of the graph, just so there is some extra space on top and bottom of the data trendline.
  3. Also within the "Temp Trend Diagram", as of today, the Y-axis of the graph now shows -4 to +4, but it used to show 0 to 70. As such, no data is being displayed and I have no idea why. The controller is still connected to WiFi and I have closed and restarted the app several times.
  4. So as of today, the Temp Trend Diagram is useless and the app is now only useful for altering the temperature settings, but not useful for seeing trend information.

FYI...Support replied and alerted me to their "pro" version of the app (still free) which I was unaware of. Seems to address the issues noted.

Yeah, it’s much nicer.

Attachments

• 1CA7D0EE-76BF-48E9-B128-74E24977285E.jpeg
    1CA7D0EE-76BF-48E9-B128-74E24977285E.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 237
FYI...Support replied and alerted me to their "pro" version of the app (still free) which I was unaware of. Seems to address the issues noted.
This is odd that I experienced the exact same thing yesterday myself and sent ink bird an email and haven't heard back yet. The temp trend diagram data disappeared all of a sudden. I am trying to set this up with the Pro version right now.

@ChiknNutz Thanks for posting this. I was wondering where my temperature trend diagrams went to last week. I figured I’d deal with it later since they were on some long term aging beers, then I came across this thread tonight on accident. The pro version appears to be much nicer.

BTW there is also a 'Plus' version now. It is supposed to be better, you access inkbirds bluetooth devices with the app.

I have found that the CSV files from the trend graph won't export though, it fails every time. Because the y axis can't be adjusted in the app and is only a little useful I bring the data into excel and great my own graph. So I'm still using the pro because of the export function still works.

So I downloaded the pro version of the ink bird app on June 3rd and it seemed to rectify this issue with the temp trend diagram not being visible. Once I got all the devices loaded onto it, all the diagrams and diagram history returned which was nice. However, this issue has started again with the Pro app. So Ive tried to delete and redownload the pro app with no success and Ive tried installing the "plus" version as well and the same issue persists. Has anyone been experiencing this issue again with the temp diagrams not being reported/visible?

EDIT: 1 review on this app suggests that the latest bug fix (1 week ago, version 3.1.10) for InkbirdPro wiped out the graphing history. Ugh

Using the Pro my temp trend stopped reporting for a few days last week. I contacted customer support [email protected] and they have a few questions for me to answer.
Then it started reporting again last night at 2:30 am. No idea why it started working again.
My router reset about 24 hours before that so I don't think that had anything to do with it and i wasn't messing with anything at that hour.

I just bought a new BBQ-4 Ink Bird. I downloaded the pro app. 3 of the probes said 76F and one said 82F. All communicated correctly, but it won't graph. I was using Firebox before and needed another. This seemed like a good option at a much lower price. Any opinions on whether I should just re-calibrate and wait for graph correction (I did send CS a note, but haven't gotten a response.) Or would I be better advised to send it back and get a Firebox?

Thanks in advance!

I have been emailing back forth for a few weeks. I'm not hopeful on the trend logging. Other than that I like it. Easy to calibrate and control I can easily change tempature. I can slowly change the temp up as fermentation slows down.
But yeah if you need the temp logging i would look i to something else.

I just checked the app and it started logging again last night at 10pm, we'll see how log it last this time.

Thanks - they got back to me an hour or so ago and said:

Our engineers are urgently fixing this problem, the new version will be available soon, please pay attention to app update.
Please kindly understand...

I guess I'll give them a few days.

Back