Inkbird itc-310t programming help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost_Arkitekt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who is familiar enough with this model to do a YouTube video on step by step programming? Maybe explain a few steps and then what to do if you want to use all 6 steps?

Thanks! :mug:

Is there anyone out there who is familiar enough with this model to do a YouTube video on step by step programming? Maybe explain a few steps and then what to do if you want to use all 6 steps?

Thanks! :mug:

I would really be interested in this too. It's seems a little new and there's not much out there and the manual is a bit of a mystery.

I can try to help, I have the 308 and everything is the same except for the TS and STA values which is where you can automatically control your fermentation without having to do anything. What I would say is just YouTube the 308 just to set the basics.

So from reading the instruction pdf the rest is just for the 310, so here it goes.

First hold the down key for 5 seconds this will bring up the program to set year/month/day/hour/min so like right now I would set it at 2016/4/9/8/:30(for April 9th 2016 at 8:30am) once that's entered hold set until it's set.

Once you are past the basics you get into TR mode 0=off 1=on once it's set. To set it from what I can tell you hit TR1 and hold set key. Then UT is like unit of time (do you want it set for 5days/5hrs/5mins)
so for 5 days the UT=D for 5 hours UT=H for 5minutes UT=M

MD= how many cycles you want, like if you want to do the setup once it's just 1 but if you want to go 5 days at 64 then raise to 70 for 3 days then drop back to 65 for 5 days then back to 70 for 3 that would make 2 cycles or MD=2

AT just means if you have a power outage once it comes back on it will resume where it should be in the timeline or reset itself if AT is off (I.e. If it's set for 2hrs at 65 then 3hrs at 70, if power goes out 10 mins in but it takes 2 hrs for the power to come back on then it will automatically go to 70 for 50mins when AT is set to on)

Then you hold set to confirm these settings.

STA is how long and at what temps you're setting

Let's say you want to (1)ferment at 65 for 10 days then (2)bring it up to 70 for 4 days then (3)cold crash for 4 days. You would need ST1-ST3

STA=3 (because you are doing 3 stages)

So:
ST1= 65 HT1=10 hit set for next ST
ST2=70 HT2=4 hit set for next ST
ST3=32 HT3=4 Then hold set for 3 seconds to confirm. BAM done!!

Side not if you look at the pdf in the flow chart in the yellow block ink bird has TH6, this must be a typo and should actually be HT6 to correlate with the others.

So hopefully after what I've broken down there example below makes a ton of sense now.

For example:
Control an incubator, keep the temperature 24~26°C for 5 hours and 30~32°C for 10 hours.
Setting as followings:
HD=1, CD=1,
TR=1,
Set UT=H,
STA=2,
ST1=25, HT1=5,
ST2=31, HT2 =10.

As I said I don't have the 310 but this is how I understand it. Hope this helps :D

Kind of glad I did this, I'm going to buy the 310 for my mini fridge to do controlled fermentation since I've move on to a keezer and I don't want to have to use my keezer for fermentation, this helped me think through it.

If I have anything wrong I'm sure @inkbird could point it out.

That looks pretty good to me. I'm not as worried about a a gradual increase.. You could always set to drop a couple degrees in each step. Either way, it's way nicer than what I'm doing now for ferm temps (nothing)

Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

That looks pretty good to me. I'm not as worried about a a gradual increase.. You could always set to drop a couple degrees in each step. Either way, it's way nicer than what I'm doing now for ferm temps (nothing)

Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

Thanks for the praise, I was writing it going damn this is taking forever lol:mug:

I know the post is old, but I'm just now getting around to using my 310T for staged fermentation. I had previously been trying to just get the fermentation chamber setup and functioning. I will be programming today and this explanation will be very useful!

I know the post is old, but I'm just now getting around to using my 310T for staged fermentation. I had previously been trying to just get the fermentation chamber setup and functioning. I will be programming today and this explanation will be very useful!

I ended up buying the 310 myself after I explained the process here. On the new 310's I don't believe you have to set the date and time anymore so that step can be skipped.

Back