Inkbird Giveaway for New product IBS-TH1 Plus Thermometer & Hygrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US - will use to monitor temp and humidity in my wine room.
So far so good, in use over a month. Very simple device, only 1 buton - it toggles between degrees F & C. The button is very discrete that I accidentally hit the toggle and it took a moment to notice where it was located.

I purchased to monitor my wine room The chiller unit unexpectedly quit chilling. I'm not in the unit daily and was unaware the temp had increased into the 80s and humidity down to 19%. Now I can open the app and check temp amd humidity from the comfort of my living room. Alerts can be set from the app, and thou I haven't used it, you can export the data.

The improvements:
No way to mount. No hanger, clip or other way to secure it in place. A smal strip of adhesive velcro works fine though.

It would be nice if it had the same app as their bbq probes. I'm not attached to either app, but having 1 app for similar function devices from the same manufacturer seems like it would be more effective.

So far so good, in use over a month. Very simple device, only 1 buton - it toggles between degrees F & C. The button is very discrete that I accidentally hit the toggle and it took a moment to notice where it was located.

I purchased to monitor my wine room The chiller unit unexpectedly quit chilling. I'm not in the unit daily and was unaware the temp had increased into the 80s and humidity down to 19%. Now I can open the app and check temp amd humidity from the comfort of my living room. Alerts can be set from the app, and thou I haven't used it, you can export the data.

The improvements:
No way to mount. No hanger, clip or other way to secure it in place. A smal strip of adhesive velcro works fine though.

It would be nice if it had the same app as their bbq probes. I'm not attached to either app, but having 1 app for similar function devices from the same manufacturer seems like it would be more effective.

Hi, Thank you for the sharing. The C/F button is on the top right, please see the following picture. And thank you again for your suggestion, we will report to our engineering department.Wish you a good day.
IBS-TH1 PLUS.png

US - Monitor the conditions outside my house to let me know if it is save to go outside into the Alabama summertime.

Excellent little device. It's really cool to hook it up to your fermenter and see exactly what your fermentation temps are doing. You can export your data and then in excel make a graph which can imported to beersmith and attached to that recipe.

I would love to see a similar device which was wifi enabled to I didn't have to go to the basement to get the readings and would love even more if this could be integrated into a temp controller AND WiFi enabled.

Thanks again Inkbird!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180812-173358_Engbird.jpg
    Screenshot_20180812-173358_Engbird.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 40
Excellent little device. It's really cool to hook it up to your fermenter and see exactly what your fermentation temps are doing. You can export your data and then in excel make a graph which can imported to beersmith and attached to that recipe.

I would love to see a similar device which was wifi enabled to I didn't have to go to the basement to get the readings and would love even more if this could be integrated into a temp controller AND WiFi enabled.

Thanks again Inkbird!!
I'm glad you are enjoying your device. I'm quite pleased mine thus far.

I had similar thoughts regarding wifi, but the power consumption of wifi would a lot more batteries or a plug-in option. Either way making the device larger.

Z-wave or similar mesh-grid appoach could help with a decreased power option to wifi connectivity as well as allowing the end-user to monitor remotely.

Inkbird, Do you have a WiFi meat thermometer? I would like to be able to monitor my meat temps while I am at work or running errands from my iPhone.

Inkbird, Do you have a WiFi meat thermometer? I would like to be able to monitor my meat temps while I am at work or running errands from my iPhone.
Hi, sorry to tell you that right now we don't have WiFi meat thermometer, we temporarily provide Bluetooth meat thermometer. However, we will pass your suggestion to our engineering department. Thanks for supporting.

Hi, sorry to tell you that right now we don't have WiFi meat thermometer, we temporarily provide Bluetooth meat thermometer. However, we will pass your suggestion to our engineering department. Thanks for supporting.
What about Z-wave or other Mesh-grid system? The network is less reliable since its an asynchronous communication, but the power requirements being way lower more than make up for it.

Additionally, Z-wave code is available as open source with temp and humidity sensors already in their library, so development should be minimal.

What about Z-wave or other Mesh-grid system? The network is less reliable since its an asynchronous communication, but the power requirements being way lower more than make up for it.

Additionally, Z-wave code is available as open source with temp and humidity sensors already in their library, so development should be minimal.

We will also pass to our engineering department about Z-wave, thanks for suggestion.

Back