Inkbird Giveaway for New product IBS-TH1 Plus Thermometer & Hygrometer

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

WFox93

Reaction score
US friend here.

Depending on the length of that probe, it would instantly become a permanent fixture on my brew cart so I can keep an eye on mash, hot water and wort temps

wader98

Reaction score
Canada - Would use it to monitor temps in my basement as my fermentation chamber is only good for 3 gallon carboys.

CheeseOnLettuce

Reaction score
US - I do no chill, so hopefully I would be able to set it up to notify me when my wort reaches pitch temp. I'd also use it for monitoring fermentation.

stosh

Reaction score
USA

Temperature - Monitor cold crash temps, fermentation temps, keezer temps, grain storage area temps, and temps for when I make my annual batch of dry cured sausage

Humidity - Monitor humidity when making dry cured sausage, grain storage area, s

lazymatt

Reaction score
USA. I want to use it to keep track of my ferm fridge in the garage!!

mpmccann

Reaction score
USA!!! Would love to be able to keep up with my fermentation temps housed in a detached shop from inside my house.

Abbas

Reaction score
US. To monitor fermentation temps for my recently acquired refrigeration unit.

Reaction score
The U.S.A, I will use it to monitor the temperature of the cold chills my ex-wife gives me. And for my future Fermentation storage cellar.

lump42

The Lajestic Vantrashell of Lob
Reaction score
USA - Log temps in fermentation chamber and temp and humidity in my basement bar.

Nickbtag

Reaction score
Wow pretty cool device.
US- monitor temps and humidity level of keezer. Had some issues with humidity levels up to now.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
USA - monitor temps for consistency
Edited

USA - Monitor temps for consistency. I'm now adding that my new thermometer broke after using it for the first time. The display now comes in and out, and every time it goes out at turns itself off. In general that's annoying, but the more annoying thing is that every time it goes out and turns itself back on it makes a loud beeping...and I'd love to be able to sleep through that when I'm kettle souring (like literally right now). Best part, I just bought this thing three weeks ago. And yes I am calling them regardless in the morning...if I win this one I'll give the presumably replaced, new one to someone on HBT gratis :)

Screenshot_20180710-222737.png

Stu Alp

Reaction score
Received this unit this week ;

So far so good! It pairs easily with the app and picks up readings whenever in range. The app displays a nice graph of temperatures. Wish I had something fermenting at the moment so I could monitor fermentation temps.

Definitely an easy choice if you need a thermometer

WFox93

Reaction score
I bought mine and was able to use it during the brew day this weekend. It was great. super easy monitoring mash and cooling temps from the phone while I screwed around in my garage. It even let me know that I was brewing while it was 97 degrees outside when I unplugged the external probe.

I can account for its durability too. It took about a 5 foot fall off my stand onto concrete. Had to hunt down the batteries but all is well now.