Inkbird Controller Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeStrandsBrewing

Reaction score
Hey,

I want to build a fermentation chamber using an Inkbird temperature controller. I have a fridge with a freezer on top, and would like to know if the freezer temp will be affected by the temperature changes caused by the Inkbird. Just wondering if the freezer will be useless if I use the fridge as a fermentation chamber.

I think the answer here would be yes, your freezer won't work well, because the fridge freezer combo runs off the same power cord.

The inkbird will cutoff power based upon the temp of the prob, which will be around fermentation temps.

Excellent - thanks, guys! I'm likely to ferment lager temps, doing a gradual ramp down from initial ferm temps to lagering temps. I'll just move what's in my freezer to my other freezer while ramping down, just to be safe. Thanks again for the info!

Everthing I know about fridges and reading other post on the subject is no,It wont work.The freezer cools the fridge and cranking up the fridge to say 67 will throw off your freezer.Best bet is a craigslist chest freezer for cheap.With an Inkbird its so easy.Plug the fridge into the inkbird and plug inkbird into the wall.Youll always have the chest freezer as a freezer or resale if you need.

If you mess with the internal temp controller in the freezer, you might be able to make the freezer maintain fridge temp. Could at least make it useful.

Latest posts

Back