Ink-Bird IBS-TH1 Review (Limited and hopefully ongoing)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdawg86

Reaction score
Full disclosure, I won the aforementioned product from one of this months give aways... I received the item today, and I have solid expectations from this device. I have two Inkbird-ITC308 devices which are GREAT, so I hope this new release follows suit. I hope this will exceed expectations as well...

Initially I didn't get it to pair, but discovered you do not pair via your phones bluetooth menu. You pair through the app only. That was my mistake.

Second, I was concerned about lack of a easily user servicable battery, but @inkbird kindly supplied the video below, also a video showing the pairing process.

I placed this in my keezer tonight just to get something to log and show, but hope to use this to monitor temperature swings during actual fermentation. Once I have some data I will post up some information.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback. For your first question, the battery can be replaced easily. Here is a video to show how to change.

And for the connecting problem, there is no need for a pin. Firstly, open the Engbird app and your Bluetooth, then press the Add Sensor button. There will appear a notification that please place the peripheral near the phone and click Done. The you should click the button Done. Then clink the button Done on the top right corner. Then OK.
Here is a video to show how to connect the Bluetooth.
https://www.facebook.com/huimin.zhou.56/posts/132622394098473
Please reply me if you still can not connect it.

The screenshot attached is the error you will get if you do not pair through the app itself and try to use phones Bluetooth menu.

Again, see the response below by InkBird which pointed out that I was trying to pair incorrectly.

Screenshot_20171220-134735.png

Last edited:
Back