"Inherited" an EdgeStar KC200A kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derp

Reaction score
My sweet 8-corny, 4-tap keezer died a few months ago, so I bought a cheap (not really, with today's prices) garage fridge to replace it, but a neighbor gave me the aforementioned kegerator and I'd like to use it, rather than drill holes in t he new fridge. Some questions:

The kegerator seems to hold 2 cornies, so I'd like to replace the tower with a dual-tap model. Any suggestions for a decent replacement? Are they all a standard size/dimension?

If I keep it inside, will there be enough airflow in the tower to avoid foaming issues? If not, any solutions? Fan/glycol/whatever?

All the images I get searching your model show a standard tower. (Maybe post a pic for cetainty) I got a great deal for a brushed SS 3-tap from aliexpress, and just a possibility; I know that some of those 'hump in the bottom' kegerators can fit a third half-size corny on top the hump. ...just a thought. :)

I have an EdgeStar KC2000 Twin and the tower is standard. Also, I did install a tower fan to reduce the first pour foam. It was an easy build which you can find on Google.

I have had a couple of trouble free years with KOMOS and Intertap. I drilled the tower for a third tap and it wasn't easy. Definitely well built with thick stainless.
Add a Spring and a couple rebuild kits for peace of mind.

Foward sealing is the way to go.

I have a Fan in my fridge that kind of blows in the direction of the tower between 6 and 10 pm. I haven't had any foaming issues. Try without it first.

Back