Infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalmah

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked through other posts and photos but haven't seen anything that looks quite like this. I made a triple, left it in the primary for 3 weeks and noticed no problems when I racked it into my glass carboy 2 days ago (sanitize with Star San). Now today I notice this small cobweb looking thing clinging to the side, partly floating, partly above the beer level. I've seen this growth before in a hefeweizen I did a few brews back. After bottling I saw a few of the bottles had a tiny bit of this cobweb clinging to the side of the bottles below the surface, not floating (see close up pic). Still drank them. No bottle bombs or gushers. They all seemed to smell, taste and carb up fine. Is this a natural occurrence or an infection? Or is it possible it's some film that wasn't cleaned out from the previous brew? Should I not worry or take some kind of action? Thanks in advance.

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03794.jpg

Back