Infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erkwist

Reaction score
So, after going off for my anniversary and being running around a lot, i racked my RIS to secondary for some conditioning 2 weeks ago after being in primary for 3 weeks. I looked at it this morning before heading to work and there is a nice thin layer of white fuzzy stuff on the top :eek: (pic to come when I can figure out where SWMBO put the camera) Is there any point in trying to save some of this, maybe rack some out from under the fuzzy stuff? I'm about 90% sure I know what caused it and can fix that issue.

Any info about trying (successfully or unsuccessfully) saving a batch from an infection would be greatly appreciated!!
sorry for the long one...

Pics as promised
What it looked like about 1 week into primary
editalbum.php

What it looks like now
editalbum.php

thickness
editalbum.php

The money shot down through the mouth of the carboy ( what I'm afraid of contamination?)
editalbum.php

again, thanks for any info

That looks funky! What does it taste like? Have you pulled a sample yet? What do you think the cause was?

I'd taste it and what you get.

Have not tried it yet, but i'm pretty sure the cause is from pouring into the fermentor down in the basement, which is old exposed wood and an open door to the crawl space = all kinds of funky wild yeast and beasties floatin in the air. Good news is that after making her look at it SWMBO has ok'd me building a "clean" room down there!!

Back