Inexpensive Mesh Bags at Target

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmferris

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was in the housewares section at Target this weekend and came across some reusable vegetable bags. They come in a five pack, one at 6.5" x 6.5" and four at 11" x 14". Made of polyester, and a very fine mesh. Also, went to the manufacturer's page, and they are the same price:

Natural Home Magazine Vegetable Bags

Should be plenty big for steeping a two or three pounds, or other additions. Mesh looks as fine as muslin, so might be good for pellet hop additions, as well. It will hold me over until my wife has some time to make some for me.

One thing I might do is pull the drawstrings and replace them with something that hasn't been dyed in bright colors. Not sure if there is any need to worry about them steeping or boiling out a bit of bleed.

Hmmm, I'd be a little worried if there's glue applied anywhere. Or the dye as you mentioned?

Hmmm, I'd be a little worried if there's glue applied anywhere. Or the dye as you mentioned?

No glue - should have mentioned that. The only thing dyed is the drawstrings. They are an eco-friendly company, for what it is worth. ;) The seams appear to be stitched well.

Have some white cotton shoe laces (new) that I was probably going to thread through with a wire hanger to replace the colored strings that are there.

Latest posts

Back