Inertap flow control faucet question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surgical_ass

Reaction score
Purchased an inertap flow control faucet. Everything works fine except now I have no head retention and the co2 bubbles are big and disappear quickly instead of the tiny ones that I used to have. The old faucet would produce a head that would lace all the way down the glass. I have changed nothing except the faucet. I am pouring at 10-12 psi. I don't believe the issue is any where but the faucet. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

How well did you clean it? If there were some oils from manufacturing they could kill the head.

I cleaned it best I could, But I don't think I got everything. I too thought this was a possibility. Any ideas on the best way to clean it? Anything I can submerge it in? Thank you
How well did you clean it? If there were some oils from manufacturing they could kill the head.

Submerge it in hot oxyclean and TSP. Let’s it soak a while then rinse and repeat.

Disassemble it fully for the soak

Ya, give it a good soak in some kind of cleaner (PBW/TSP) for a few hours and then a thorough rinse.

Purchased an inertap flow control faucet. Everything works fine except now I have no head retention and the co2 bubbles are big and disappear quickly instead of the tiny ones that I used to have. The old faucet would produce a head that would lace all the way down the glass. I have changed nothing except the faucet. I am pouring at 10-12 psi. I don't believe the issue is any where but the faucet. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Did the cleaning solve your problem? I believe I am having the same issue with my faucet.

Back