Induction question!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisharvey

Reaction score
Will having the lid partially on risk DMS? And can you use a heat stick in addition to induction? I have a heavy duty all be it 1800 watt induction burner. Can't go to 3500 yet. I got 6.5 gallons to a full boil with the lid on but tiny boil lid off and just enough with lid half way on.

Other question is if I get a heat stick will it mess with the electromagnetic heat?View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423103302.934364.jpg

Sure use a heat stick. Just plug into a different circuit than your plate. 1200-1500W would be great. Just keep an eye out for possible scorching on the element though. The larger the surface of the element the better, lower watt density/sq. inch.

I've boiled with the lid on half way and never noticed DMS, but the boil off was still a gallon per hour. As long as there's a decent boil off you should be fine.

Back