Induction brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfroHopster

Reaction score
Ok I will break down what I have. I need some help on what would be the ideal or best way to sparge.
Ok I just purchased 2 avantco 3500w burners(or whatever their called)
2. bru gear 10gal brew kettles
3. I have one chugger pump never used
4. I have a 10 gallon igloo with false bottom I use to fly sparge with.

I was thinking I could use one kettle for HLT and the cooler for mash tun and pump water from HLT to cooler (not sure cooler could handle the pressure) mash and then fly sparging or do some sort recirculation but I hear it's a PITA to manually control Temps when just recirculation the mash.

any ideas would be welcomed

There won't be any pressure in the cooler mash tun, the pump just moves the water, until you have enough.

If you're recirculating the mash you need a way to heat the wort.

I guess I will fly sparge until I get another pot I'm already 700 in the hole wife not letting me spend anymore

If your cooler is below your HLT, the fly sparge is done by gravity, with a valve controlling the sparge rate. Then you'll need to pump the lautered wort back up, into your BK, again, with a restrictor valve on the output of the Chugger to prevent cavitating and draining the tun too fast.

Back