In-line HEPA filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaltG

Reaction score
Ok. So I got this aeration kit off Amazon. The problem is the pump is terrible. One thought I had is a can connect it to a portable air compressor (jump starter/compressor I have for my car). The question is will that in-line filter handle the increased pressure? If not how hard would it be to put a valve to control the pressure?
Screenshot_20180118-103645.png

I have no idea what pressure that filter is rated for. You could probably get a cheap inline regulator for paint guns at Harbor Freight or an auto parts store if you need to cut it back.

I see. Have you checked it without the filter? If the filter gets wet, it's pretty much done. I use a Walmart aquarium pump, with two stones, and it works almost too well. I confess I don't use filters, though.

My first air pump was from Wal-Mart and I ordered my filters from Austin homebrew. You might have a problem with the filter.

look at the filter. it might say it there or at least the manufacturer/type.
but if it's one of these cheap Chinese things which amazon, walmart and too many LHBS like to sell, you might be out of luck.
As a ball park figure; a Sartorius midisart (that's one of the quality brand name types) is good for up to 2bar (29psi).

Back