In fermenter too long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gweim

Reaction score
I brewed a Brewer's Best cider kit about 9 days ago now, and according to the instructions should be bottling. It says a week, but when I went to bottle at a week forgot there was a step to add a sweetener then wait a day or two. Well now it's been a day or two and I am considering bottling tonight. Thing is, I won't be home until later and don't know if I feel like spending my night doing it. Will keeping it in the fermenter longer hurt it at all? My guess is no from everything I read, but just wanted to make sure. It may be easier to wait a few more days until the weekend again.

Yea I've read a decent amount of stuff so figured it could only help sitting longer. I was more curious if the sweetener they had me put in would change the decision at all.

Another question about carbonation when bottling... I am using the BB carbonation tablets. The bag says for medium carb use 3 tablets and that's also what lady at LHBS said to do. Instructions say use one though... That doesn't seem like enough carbonation. Last thing I want is bottle bombs!

Help?

My guess would be 2-3 per bottle for cider. A couple of the other posts about the same subject seem to put it around that range. Also, the longer you leave it in there the more carbonated it'll be so just adjust however you think you'll like it.

-Jeff

Latest posts

Back