Imperial chocolate stout help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
I want to do a chocolate stout which someone on here sent me a great looking recipe but now I want to do an imperial chocolate stout, I'm only doing extract right now, anybody have a good detailed extract recipe for this? Or should I just get brewers best imperial stout and then rack that on top of cocoa nibs? I really like young's double chocolate stout just wanted the abv to be a bit higher, any help would be great thanks

If you do use cocoa nibs, be sure to roast them first. Cocoa nibs contain alot of fat that will destroy any chance of head, and roasting them first cooks out most of the fat.

TopherM said:
If you do use cocoa nibs, be sure to roast them first. Cocoa nibs contain alot of fat that will destroy any chance of head, and roasting them first cooks out most of the fat.

Is there a better alternative? Like adding cocoa powder to the last 15 min of boil?

Back