Immersion Wort Chiller Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Near-Beer-Engineer

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm a brand new member here but frequent lurker of posts. I'm a Chemical Process Engineering student in my final year of undergrad at Queen's U in Ontario, Canada, and homebrewing has been a passion of mine for just over a year. I have about 3 (extract) batches under my belt, and this website has been an amazing resource for me.

In an attempt to give back to the homebrewing community I've designed an immersion wort chiller "calculator" that attempts to predict how long it will take you to cool certain volumes of wort based on several parameters. I did some tests on my own system and came up with what seem to be fairly reasonable overall heat transfer coefficients for copper immersion chillers, and they are pre-loaded in the calculator. Check it out and let me know if it's helpful! I'm all ears for constructive criticism as well!

You can find it here (I couldn't attach it directly):

http://www.4shared.com/file/isqdv5CL/Immersion_Wort_Chiller_Calcula.html

Looking forward to contributing more,

Near-Beer-Engineer

Pretty awesome calculator! Simple and detailed!

I've got some gadget pictures on my facebook page and wanted to geek out on the details and efficiency of my chiller. Please contribute more!

Thanks Near-Beer-Engineer

Pretty awesome calculator! Simple and detailed!

Glad you got some use out of it! I checked out your photos, looks like you've got some really cool chiller designs. I love to nerd out on this stuff too haha.

Sounds interesting...anyway you can make this available on another hosting service? I got a bunch of annoying search engines and junk installed trying to download :/

I googled and found another one on HBT thread here

download (they say they are bsmx files but just rename by erasing the .bsmx or whatnot)

Latest posts

Back