Immersion chiller with sink hookups?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowtones84

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anybody had recommendations on a quality immersion chiller that had the ability to hook up to a kitchen sink rather than a hose spigot, or know of one that could easily be modified to do so. The ice bath is just not getting it done with full boils for me!

Thanks in advance!

You can purchase an adapter for your sink faucet that will work, easy peasy.

Most store bought immersion chillers will just have a hose attached to them with a worm clamp, and you can get a barb with a female adapter to screw onto your sink faucet.

I used an immersion chiller that had regular garden hose connections. Then I attached a portable dishwasher hookup to the sink and to the hose connection. This provided a quick disconnect to the kitchen faucet for the wort chiller. I also have a jet bottle washer to which I attached the same dishwasher connections. The connections were easily purchased from HD and I have a quick disconnect for both the immersion chiller and the bottle washer. It works great.

:mug:

Thanks guys. Any models/styles people have found that are reliable and quality? I've read a few reviews on sites, just wanted the HBT community's take on it.

Not sure if you care to go the DIY route but i actually just made one for just at $35 dollars with materials from Lowes: 20ft of 3/8" copper coil, #4 O-ring clamp 1/4-5/8 x2(2 per pack), 10ft of 1/2" clear vinyl tubing(length to your liking), watts swivel hose barb adapter (A-683) and a Danco female faucet adapter (2E). I hope this helps.

Back