I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlee0000

Reaction score
Ok, I severely under-primed my last brew. It has been bottle conditioning for, oh... 5 weeks, and still hardly any carbonation. That aside, it tastes good. But I'm not a big fan of flat beer.

My question: Is it ok to uncap all of the bottles and dump them in the corny and force carb them? Or am I going to run into oxidation issues or other off flavors, etc (God only knows what other kinds of problems could result from this unprecedented maneuver).

I'm not really worried about contamination, as this is a weizenbock (9.5%) and can probably kill any microbe in existence.

Your input is appreciated. Or link me to a past thread of the same topic.

hmm....not sure about putting them into a keg...could work I guess

like you said though...I'd be worried about oxidation

what temp are they at? Could you put them in a warmer place to help carb?

how much priming sugar did you use?

for future reference you can use the calcs on tastybrew.com ....they're pretty cool

If you can, BEFORE you pour, hook up your Co2 bottle, and run in some gas. For at least 10 or 20 seconds. That will replace the oxygen with Co2, and possibly (maybe) reduce your chances of oxidizing your beer. It wouldn't hurt to leave the Co2 line hooked up, and give it a few random blasts, too.

Oh, is this the antifreeze and grape juice, or cows blood? :D:D

steve

Back