I'm making a homemade kinda wine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marathonguy75

Reaction score
So, I started it off with filtered water. About 3 gallons. Added 3 and half poundes of sugar. And one packet of lalvin 1118 yeast. Put it in the basement room temp no idea. Hydromemter no idea. Oh and I added frozen fruit blended about a small bag worth. So day three is said what the heck added another packet of yeast. The next day it was going crazy and bubbling. So I figured what the heck. I added more fruit that I blended in my smoothie machine. It's just rolling when you pull the foam back. Now it's at like 4 gallons worth.

On a side note when I pitched the second packet of yeast I added a little sugar and kinda stirred it all the yeast sank to the bottom. Then like 5 minutes after I did it...wham all the yeast just went straight to the top.....Is that usual. The first packet I just dumped in and stirred it lol It seemed to work.

And yes I'm not going for the best wine award just messing around and seeing how hard/easy it is to make something to drink.

Back