I'm back in the kegging game and it's AWESOME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inhousebrew

Reaction score
So I used to brew for a while with some buddies I lived with and we each owned different things. Unfortunately when I moved out the kegging gear which wasn't mine stayed there (unused now for six months by the way :mad:). I've been bottling since then dreaming of the day when I can keg beer again.

Well, after our fifth shared bottling experiment my future wife said we needed kegging supplies and used our wedding (which we're serving beer at) as a reason to justify it.

So we got almost a fully setup three tap system on craigslist and while there are some things I would have done very differently it works and beer on tap is AWESOME!!! Right now I'm enjoying a chocolate oatmeal stout which is wonderful after a day and half of force carbing at 40psi.

Just wanted to share my joy :mug::mug:

Man I can't tell u how much I love my keezer. I bottled for over 3 years before I made the switch. Nothing beats coming home from work and pouring a pint.

Just had one last night! Still amazing. I'm giong to need better faucets soon but whatever, I'm loving it!

I told SWMBO that all the bottles littering the kitchen would go away if we got a Keezer. She INSISTED I buy one.

Pouring my first kegged beer now and, I don't know if is the kegging or not but this is freakin' great beer. A definite improvement on anything I have done previously.

I recently finished my Keezer and have a Wheat on tap, just kegged and IPA over the weekend and there's a Saison in the fermentation chamber working.

I love not having to bottle. I love cleaning and sanitizing one container. I love that my packaging process is: attach racking cane and co2 to orange carboy lid, push beer to keg, attach gas and beer line to keg.

It's so much more enjoyable.

Back