I'm an idiot and I'm pissed off about it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedGuitar

Reaction score
I drive a 97 Chevy S-10 pickup truck. I live at the bottom of a hill, right beside a pond. Last night, my wife parked in my parking spot, so I parked beside her in the grass. It then rained all night long. When I tried to go to the office this morning, my truck was stuck in the mud. Every attempt I made to get it out made it worse, and my dumb butt kept trying, until I not only got further into the mud but got turned sideways. Ended up having to drive my wife's car (FYI, an 03 Impala will not pull a truck out of the mud), drop her off at work, go to work myself, and now go pick her up at 8:00 tonight. So I can't even get drunk while waiting.

Neighbor is going to bring his tractor over to pull me out when he gets off work. In the meantime, I'm just sitting here, getting angrier and angrier at myself.

Stupid me.:mad:

Ahhh...S-10's. Nice road vehicles, but not worthy of being called a truck. I drive a 96... no engine problems after 185k miles, but I still hate the thing sometimes...

I've had an S-10, I know what you mean.

But, while an Impala may not be able to pull it out unassisted, it should be able to give a big enough push for the S-10 to power itself out.

Yeah, my S-10 would stuck in a puddle of piss.

The Impala probably wasn't the problem, the strap I was using and the wife that was driving probably was. Didn't have a tow strap, tried a cargo strap, which snapped.

i would make the parking space bigger with stone you can have it delivered for cheap
i have a Chevy 2500 2X4 and if i dont have weight in the back i would get stuck in a puddle of piss too

I thought this thread was going to be about you ruining a batch of beer.

Phew.

Funny, I never have any issue with my 02 Ranger. Of course, it's a 4x4 so I can simply toss it into 4 wheel drive as needed. IMO, if you're going to have a truck, and you have any kind of mud, snow, heavy rains, etc. (so pretty much most of the country) you should have a 4x4.

Loved my S-10 until I killed it, changing the spark plugs... Crossthreaded one of the plug wells and found out the repair was going to be more than the truck was worth. Aluminum head? $750. Labor? Was quoted $500. Truck's worth? $1200.

Replaced it with an '06 Tacoma. So... much... better...

I did something really stupid when I was 19. I followed too closely behind a pickup on a night of freezing rain. I was in an 89 Volvo (rear wheel was universal with Volvo until 95ish?). He hit his brakes and I tapped mine. Damn car went diagonally off the road into a traffic light.

Now look at me! :ban: I make beer

Ended up having to drive my wife's car (FYI, an 03 Impala will not pull a truck out of the mud), drop her off at work, go to work myself, and now go pick her up at 8:00 tonight. So I can't even get drunk while waiting.

Your story was actually pleasant until you said this, the bold made my blood boil not cool.

Loved my S-10 until I killed it, changing the spark plugs... Crossthreaded one of the plug wells and found out the repair was going to be more than the truck was worth. Aluminum head? $750. Labor? Was quoted $500. Truck's worth? $1200.

Replaced it with an '06 Tacoma. So... much... better...

No option to install a thread repair on the old head??

OP, you cheated us. You clearly led us on with the whole "Pond at the bottom of the hill" statement.

I demand you drive your truck into the pond!

Sorry, the point I was trying to make about the hill and the pond is that water collects in my yard. I actually couldn't have even gotten the truck down into the pond because it got stuck after three feet of motion. I will now try to drive my truck into the pond to appease the home brew crowd, but it's still pretty muddy out there.

OP, you cheated us. You clearly led us on with the whole "Pond at the bottom of the hill" statement.

I assumed the repair itself was going to run about $75. Figured that would be a fair price for doing something as dumb as crossthreading a plug well. But, because of the aluminum head, nobody would touch it. Of the half a dozen or so shops I called that morning, only ONE offered to help. $400 for the repair, whether it was successful or not...

Drive in the pond! I've never been stuck......just detained. Just in case the other guy gets stuck I always carry a 50' strap 2 1/2 ton come along, shovel, sand & ashes (winter traction control) in the back of the 4 by4. You know ....just in case....ah..the other guy gets detained too.:mug:

96 Chevy C1500 2x4. Not a 4-wheeler, but I do have posi-traction. I toss a few sandbags in the back in winter and have no worries, even when driving on the lake ice fishing. Just hafta make sure the tires are good.

Everything I was going to say:mug:

Back