If you could share a pint with anyone, who would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My family tree ends with a bank robber who had a billion different aliases. I'd like to know his real family name so the tree can be traced further. And hear some robbery stories :mug:

That's interesting; my family tree includes Harry "The Sundance Kid" Longabaugh. That would be an interesting conversation.

Also maybe Marilyn Monroe, she knows what really happened.

Oh yea, and the 3 Stooges.

Have you watched the series Oz and James Drink to Britain? It's a great series. James May and Oz Clark on a beer wine and spirits drinking trip through England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

I have all the episodes from Youtube linked here.

They even try homebrewing.

Yes I love that series! I even watched the wine ones :gasp:

Thomas Jefferson, Ronald Reagan, and one of the girls from Hooters!
Not necessarily in that order.

That little guy who said "da plane, da plane" on Fantasy Island.

The new version

tattoo.jpg

I would love to spend some time with the Trappist monks at Scourmont Abbey. Then I may be offered a pint of patersbier, which is brewed exclusively for the monks.

Your Mom? Anyone? anyone?

I've had a beer with my mom many times.

I've never drank and shot the bull with Thomas Jefferson, Ronald Reagan or a hooters girl!
I've had beer served by the hooters girls, but never sat and tried to get one drunk!

I've got a few as well...I'd have to go with my triple great grandfather on my Dads side. He was captured and marched over a hundred miles to Little Rock. AR where they said join the confederate army or go to prison the rest of your life. He chose the Army. He died 3 months later of Measles but his oldest son who was in the same unit and was a POW twice in the Civil War would be my second choice. Oddly enough he looks exactly like my Dad, like a spitting resemblance and he was born almost 100 years to the month before my Dad.

Third choice would be my Dads father. I have one memory of him. Word is he enjoyed a good brew and cigar and appreciated anything you could make yourself so I'd like to think he'd enjoy a good homebrew.

Lastly I would go with some classic choices such as Abe Lincoln, JFK, Gordon Ramsay and Will Ferrell.

jonmohno said:
Your Mom? Anyone? anyone?

I've had Irish car bombs, beers, home brews, and a few shots with my mom. Not all in the same night shed be way to f'ed up lol.
And besides I drink with my mom any time I make a new batch

Like the idea of giving advice to oneself at an earlier time.
Whomever the actual Jesus was. That's my choice.
Edit: And it would have to be something good like KBS or Westvleteren.
Edit: none of the wine at the time as I'm sure it was next to being garbage.

Last edited:
Any or all of my imaginary friends here on HBT.

I’ve exchanged beers with 20, or so, members through beer swaps and did have the opportunity to share a beer or three with the one and only @MaxStout, and Mrs. Stout, when they stayed in Billings one night a couple of years ago.

Any or all of my imaginary friends here on HBT.

I’ve exchanged beers with 20, or so, members through beer swaps and did have the opportunity to share a beer or three with the one and only @MaxStout, and Mrs. Stout, when they stayed in Billings one night a couple of years ago.
Maybe we can hoist a few more brews some time soon.

My dad! Lost him to a horrible cancer 12 years ago. A career military officer. I think about him and miss him everyday still.

Lost my dad to cancer too in 2017, i feel ya cheers

Same here, my dad. He also died of cancer in 1988, at 55 years old. We'd have so much to talk about now.

That would have to be my Dad. I always imagined us sitting at a bar one night and spilling our guts out over a few beers. In my mind that night would have changed us from Father-Son to friends. Many years and miles and eventually cancer took the opportunity away from me. Things are pretty cool with Mom though. I had her brewing with me a few times and she happy to sip my beers and comment on how heavy my pale ales and IPA's are. Anything above Coors Light is heavy to her so no offense taken. LOL!

I would love to sit and share my homebrew with my dad, he's still alive but hasn't drank since he got a DUI when I was pretty young. I would love to share a beer with my mom too but she's allergic to everything under the sun including wheat and barley.

Moving onto the ghosts I would love to sit and tip back a pint with Kurt Vonnegut, I'd probably bum a menthol ciggie off of him too even though I don't smoke cigarettes typically. I imagine we'd sit and talk about how f****d up the world is but still have a few laughs.

My mom, lost her to cancer 7 years ago, she was a big supporter of my brewing hobby, she had my first labels printed for me.. Every year I brew a batch of a blue moonish type beer that was her favorite, and I call it Janet....
Next would be Mario lemieux followed by Jeremy clarkson, then my daughter, she's 10 and has helped me brew since she was tall enough to hold a siphon hose.

Cheers!

A friend I haven't talked to in almost 35 years popped in and we sampled our way through all of my barrels, carboys, and kegs. It was a blast. Like we hadn't had a gap in our friendship at all.

But for the imaginary grouping: Jesus, Buddha, Moses. I'd really like to know what they think of what we (collectively) have done to their image in the millennia since they breathed.

A lot of people here missing their parents.

Lost my dad in 2016. He always enjoyed when I'd visit and bring some home brew.

Mom wasn't a beer person, but she enjoyed a nice glass of wine or an occasional vodka collins. She passed in 2017. They lived long, satisfying lives, but I miss 'em both.

Here's a toast to lost family.

not to try and ruin the somber statement....

i lost my dad when i was twelve, and my mom when i was 33... but to try and lighten the mood, they were both straight edge tea totoallers!

if they saw how much i drink, they'd wish they were dead....

and honestly, i strangley feel like i drink with my mom all the time STILL? loved that woman, and she's still with me in my mind....

Lost my dad in 2016. He always enjoyed when I'd visit and bring some home brew.

Mom wasn't a beer person, but she enjoyed a nice glass of wine or an occasional vodka collins. She passed in 2017. They lived long, satisfying lives, but I miss 'em both.

Here's a toast to lost family.
Cheers 🍻

Back