If you could only drink 3 Beers for the rest of your life, What would they be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samichlaus
Rochefort 10
Great Divide Hercules DIPA (or Odells Myrcenary or Hebrew RIPA or Green Flash Palate Wrecker or similar huge IPA etc...)

It's hard to have to leave out an Ommegang but I think I would be OK with these.

I can't believe no one has said Goose Island Bourbon County stout!
Stone Imperial Russian stout
And my LHBS owners' Legendary 13 double IPA
( I hate these limited selection type questions. I've already thought of 3 more I want to have on the list. )

Sent from my brewery while sitting on the John.

Elsinore
Mickey's Big Mouth
Billy

or maybe just a fine merlot

You made the effort to flame the guy for Guinness and then you respond with Coors Light...

I thought the same EXACT thing... I'd drink guinness over coors light any day all day. Oh well.

Me? Gotta have something big and deep and complex and amazing, something lighter and drinkable mega hoppy but not palate wrecking, and something sour. And you said any.....sooooooo

NEBCO fuzzy baby ducks
Toppling Goliath Mornin Delight
Drie Fonteinen Golden Blend Gueze

Commercial:

Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Hobgoblin
Molson Canadian Light (sometimes you drink beer just because you're thirsty)

My exposure to different beers is somewhat limited by location but recently I've noticed the selection improving at the liquor store.

As far as home brew goes I'm not sure. The only (all grain) recipe I've done more than once so far is BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde. That would replace the lite lager as a lawn mower beer. I guess I'd need a chocolate stout recipe. I tried BarleyWater's Dark Chocolate Stout but shagged it up somehow and got a gusher infection. Maybe I'll give that another go. For the third either a red ale or an ESB. I've got a batch of KingBrianI's Common Room ESB in primary right now.

Surly Furious - favorite IPA/hoppy beer
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Easy drinking summer beer
Stone Russian Imperial Stout - nice big stout to keep me warm in the Minnesota winters

For homebrew I would go:
Pale Ale/IPA with Amarillo/Simcoe Hops
Red Ale - Raging Red Irish Red Ale is a pretty tasty recipe!
Cream Ale with Cascade hops

My Amber Ale

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (This is just my go to commercial beer. Not too heavy, not too hoppy, easy drinker)

The Lucky Monk (local Brewpub) Barrel Aged Oatmeal Stout. This is a great sipper, to enjoy with a cigar.

My list could definitely be altered, but I chose 3 that to me are easy drinker. I definitely like Belgians, Saisons, etc, but those end up more on my certain occasion list as opposed to something I drink regularly.

Miller Lite
Smithwicks
Blue Moon.

It's pretty much what I used to drink before I started brewing and still enjoy each on a regular basis.

Not sure if this has been done Before or not but I was thinking what would I drink. Now My pallet my not be as advanced as some on here so don't bombard me with my "commercial" Beer choices. I love these 3

#1- Guinness
#2- New Castle WereWolf
#3- Boddingtons Pub Ale

1. Ale
2. Lager
3. Shandy

Two Hearted Ale

Back Pocket Slingshot Dunkel

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Really? You think the Slingshot is that good?

Tough choice, there's so many good beers...I'm sure this list is subject to change next week.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Ayinger Jahrundert bier

hoppy - Westbrook IPA (if price is a factor, NB ranger)

even more hoppy - Green flash palette wrecker (if price factor - lagunitas hop stoopid)

dark - My vanilla porter

honorable mention:

Still love some cold bud light on a beach. But I could manage the westbrook if I had some water on hand to slow me down. Would have to be careful not to get carried away.

I guess since the 30 pack of bud light I bought 6 months ago has been gathering dust on the shelf, I can't put it in my top 3.

This is hella tough. I would want to make sure I still had some variety, so I would go with a:

malt forward lager
hop forward ale
sour

As far as specific beers I would have to think long and hard on that.

Warsteiner Dunkel
Samuel Smith Organic Double Chocolate Stout
St Bernardus Abt 12

Sent from my VS920 4G using Home Brew mobile app

The one in my hand

The one in the fridge

The free one

Or....

G night

Wookie Jack

Perpetual maybe EDIT that CC's cedar aged jai ali. Or how ever the heck u spell it

Hello my name is Drizzt and I have a brewing addiction.

Old Rasputin, Hop Slam, Great Lakes Elliot Ness Lager

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

hoppy - Westbrook IPA (if price is a factor, NB ranger)

even more hoppy - Green flash palette wrecker (if price factor - lagunitas hop stoopid)

dark - My vanilla porter

honorable mention:

Still love some cold bud light on a beach. But I could manage the westbrook if I had some water on hand to slow me down. Would have to be careful not to get carried away.

I guess since the 30 pack of bud light I bought 6 months ago has been gathering dust on the shelf, I can't put it in my top 3.

They're discontinuing pallet wrecker :( at least they're still making green bullet :)

Samuel Smith Organic Best/Pale Ale
Hacker-Pschorr Munchen Gold
Mirror Pond or Manny's PA

Peticolas Velvet Hammer
- High-abv hoppy local beer

Live Oak Hefeweizen
- Lighter easy drinking flavorful beer

Jester King RU-55
- Sipping sour beer

And yes, those are all Texas beers ...

If I could add a fourth, I'd go with one of the popular big flavored stouts like KBS, BCB Coffee, or Rouge Double Chocolate.

Commercial:
Heady Topper - Alchemist
Gozu - Westbrook
Speedway Stout - Alesmith

Homebrew:
Regicide IIPA
King Edgar Ale (Breakfast Stout)
Sauer Kaiser (Berliner Weisse)

Latest posts

Back