If ya ain't brewin, wadda ya doin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
I know many of our friends along the east coast will be cleaning up this weekend, but who has what lined up for the unofficial end of summer? (As crappy as that is to me....)

I, again, unfortunately, will NOT be brewing. (I do have a final order ready to go into NB tho, which is a huge plus...)

I DID Get the obligatory yard work done this evening.

SO

Tomorrow, I will head down to Lake Shelbyville in the morning and promptly commune with nature, beer, and red meat cooked over a murdered tree....

I will get up Sunday and repeat the process, then be driven home asleep in the passenger seat by SWMBO Sunday evening...

Monday I will wash and wax cars, drink and grill again....

And You?

:mug:

Ize

I get to go home! Saturday I fly from Dar es Salaam to Zurich, then from there to Montreal, and finally Calgary on Monday night. Home to family and HB! Then I'm going to sit around for four weeks brewing and generally enjoying life. Hooray for week-ends!

Walker-san said:
i'm going to lay here wearing my dark glasses and earplugs and take narcotics every 4 hours.

Sorry dood!

I'll be working right through the weekend.

Well, I just wrote out a long description of a lot of boring things I'm doing over the weekend. Then I erased it. I have to do it. But you shouldn't have to read it. The only fun things I'm doing are going to visit my family in San Diego, and I'm going to try to finish a mash-tun that I'm building. I'm frickin excited about that. I'd be building it now, except the hardware store is closed. :D

Uh guys, it's a long holiday weekend you know... ;)

Hey The Chairman is coming home, so you know there's a party in there somewhere! :mug:

Maybe this is where, since we've achieved a hefty membership here on the boards, that we plan some sort of official HBT EVENT for Labor Day weekend NEXT year since so many have to work and crap this year.... (Work, Brain Recovery, {yet we're still so glad you're here Walker} General Slothishness....

Of course there is always the possibility I'm talking out of my a$$...

(But it WOULD be a COOL idea....)

Ize

Meeting would be cool, especially if there were lots of us there. I met Brewsmith at our local hbs a coupla weeks ago and it was pretty cool. outside of the people who run the store, and the local brewmaster guy, I don't know any homebrewers. It's kinda cool to be able to talk to someone (seeing as how I talk much faster than I type). :D

Not a helluva lot going on this weekend. Looks like the remenants of the storm are just coming in, the wind is just picking up and it's starting to rain. Supposed to persit until sometime tomorrow, from what I've heard. I'm letting the wife sleep in this morning in exchange for being exempted from baby-cleansing and sleeping duties tonight, so I can participate in the draft. That's about the extent of my excitement this weekend.

Oh, the big get-together idea is a good one. SWMBO's board has been planning something for next year (although she's recently had a bit of a falling out with a lot of people there - damn women causing needless drama). We've met a decent number of her friends there, stayed with some down in DC earlier this year. Lot better to be able to meet someone and hang-out face to face (drinking alone makes me sad... :D)

May work a bit on the Big Dog

DSC02726.jpg

Taking the wife out Sunday evening for dinner and drinks. And then hopefully get some drunken wife booty when we get home.

BBQ potluck tonight, maybe work on the Troybuilt tommorrow. I finally found a clue as to the actual location of one of the fuses. The manual just says, "Behind the dashboard." It doesn't say if you have to take the fuel tank out to get to the fuse, but I'm beginning to think that's the case. This is the same manual that says, "Fill the crankcase with oil before starting." Nada about what kind of oil or how much.

Good thing the Bent Rod Rye is in the kegger!

I'm brewing for the first time since melting the s**t out of my MLT last May. Ten gallons of Righteous Red Ale. Woo- Hoo!. Also going to a friends house for a bonfire and general drunkenness this evening, which means I'll miss the FF draft. Hope I did a good job pre-ranking!

Back