If this batch tastes good I'll...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishing

Someday I'll stop procrastinating
Reaction score
I'll be absolutely amazed if this go round comes out tasting right. The poor brew (an APA) has had temperature variations, been moved around and some other things go wrong. It was cool weather when I brewed...two days later it's 90 out! I made a quick swamp cooler with a fan, added ice to the water, all that. It's been in there for a week.
Just now I got my "new to me" chest freezer set up with an ITC-1000 and moved it in there...but discovered in that process that the likely temperature of my brew is 74 degrees. A tad warm. If the freezer works as it should, it's going down to 62 degrees and will be there for the next week and it'll be, finally at a nice stable temp.
If it does have off-flavors, I guess that's what I get for not brewing for two years and forgetting to pay attention to the weather.

Thanks....Happy to be back. Now all I need is time and money... most of which will go to making my bar a reality.

Back