If the Mrs only knew what she's agreed to!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishing

Someday I'll stop procrastinating
Reaction score
So tonight, after making arrangements to buy some more kegs I went to my basement with SWMBO to see where she wanted me to move a huge shelving unit I have down there... and while there I said,"this is where I want to close this area in and make a bar". When I got no more than the normal smirk (at least some of you married guys know the smirk..) I said, " so, you're ok with that?" She said "sure...as long as you finish the other projects in the house first"
So, Craigslist here I come!
The area is a good one for a home bar... bottom of the stairs, sink, bathroom, what more could one want?

lol hey thats how i persuaded my wife now, i said a keezer is a must cuz it takes less space that having kegs everywhere she said sure as long as it looks nice. good luck and keep us updated

If you were closer, I'd say you supply the beer, I'll supply the labor for the bar :) Hope that list isn't too long- G'luck!

Ah, yes...the smirk. I usually just get the eye roll! I have found that when you get permission, its best to strike while the iron is hot. So, better get cracking on the other projects! Congrats, man!

Start an official house project list now! Get your bar project on the books now so that any new projects that pop up will come after the bar.

BWAHAHAHAHA...You fell for the oldest trick in the book! ;)
She played you like a violin!!!!

So what ARE the other household projects that you have to do before you can have your clubhouse, eh?

Will there be any time, money, or body parts left after you finish your honeydo list?

sukah! :D

(Congrats actually) :mug:

You totally need to get a list made dude! Post it on the fridge and go to town on it. She thinks she's got you, but you've got her!

Well, there's a couple of hours work to finish up the upstairs bathroom I remodeled ummmm," a while" ago, couple of rooms to move some stuff around in,... basement to organize (but that would have to happen before the bar anyway)and some outdoor stuff.The outdoor stuff will soon be on hold until spring anyway,moving the bar room up on the list.
I should tell you... as a guy who's been running bass tournaments almost every weekend from April to Oct for the last 5 years I've gotten very good as dodging the parts of the honey-do list I don't want to do until I'm ready for 'em.

Ah, yes...the smirk. I usually just get the eye roll! I have found that when you get permission, its best to strike while the iron is hot. So, better get cracking on the other projects! Congrats, man!

A wise man once told me, "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

Back