If I owned my own Micro-Brewery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby_Brew

Reaction score
I'm just doing some day-dreaming here.
If I owned my own Micro-Brewery (hypothetically speaking, of course), I would run a home-brew shop right out of the brewery. I would also have a "brew on premises" place there too. I would offer scale-down recipe kits for the same beers I brewed in my brewery, so the beer enthusiasts could try to brew the same beers and taste the difference. I would offer jars of my house yeast for free or for cheap.
I would start a home-brew club in the brewery, and once a year some home brewer could brew his/her own beer on the "big" equipment and we would sell that beer in the brewery.
I would sell pizza and bread made out of spent grains. And doggie biscuits too, what the hell.
Except for beer I would brew soda-pops like natural ginger-ale (love it)! I would also brew a cheap version of 5 Hour Energy (I can't believe I pay $2 a shot for it).

Here in Virginia, there was a nano-brewery and homebrew shop. They expanded over the fall into a brewpub/restaurant setup where they butcher local livestock that is fed with spent grains.

Back