If anyone asks about distilling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
of course we report the post.

But we also send them here:

http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/2010/08/gilpin-family-whisky.php

James Gilpin, a recent Design Interactions graduate from London, has created a whiskey that processes urine into whiskey. Gilpin, who is diabetic himself, takes the urine from elderly people who have diabetes and is able to ferment the urine into single malt whiskey due to the abundance of sugars that are excreted by diabetics.

Funny you should post this. On Friday, I was sitting through a presentation on diabetes, and they were talking about how the urine of a person with diabetes has a ridiculous amount of sugar in it.

I wondered, very briefly mind you, if anyone has ever tried fermenting it.

So a while back I was in the garage and had to pee. Of course I was too lazy to go to the house, so I picked up a mason jar and went in there and labeled it "NOT old gas (as opposed to the jar next to it which said, "Old Gas".

A while later there was a lot of funky white chunky stuff and I wonder if it had fermented somehow. The smell was not really what I'm used to with brewing either, and I really wondered what could have been in my urine to ferment! So next step is to see if it tastes sweet I guess.

Back