Ideas for these hops/grains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerd Bro

Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers!

Just came off a first place win in my first beer tasting competition (I used the Ugly Fish Grapefruit IPA Kit, its phenomenal)

At the event they gave away alot of ingredients and curious if any of these jump out to you or combine well with each other. Figure I'd use what I have first!

Hops: Bravo, UK Challenger, Summit, Ahtium, Loral, Hull Lemon, Cluster, Crystal, Palisades.

Grain: Crystal, Midnight Wheat (really curious about this one), Goldswaen, Carapils, Caramel 20

Yeast: Safale 134 Saison and Safale 06 Wheat

Well, you've got nothing so far. If it helps, I'll take the Challenger hops and crystal malt off your hands. Anything to help a fellow home brewer. :p

Last edited:
Haha
Well, you've got nothing so far. If it helps, I'll take the Challenger hops and crystal male\t off your hands. Anything to help a fellow home brewer. :p
Haha speaking of Challenger, would that work as a single hop for a coffee stout?

summit ahtanum and palisades with that midnight wheat and goldswaen plus some pale malt could make a nice cascadian dark ale.

Haha
Well, you've got nothing so far. If it helps, I'll take the Challenger hops and crystal male\t off your hands. Anything to help a fellow home brewer. :p
Haha speaking of Challenger, would that work as a single hop for a coffee stout?
summit ahtanum and palisades with that midnight wheat and goldswaen plus some pale malt could make a nice cascadian dark ale.

Awesome!!! Could you give me an idea for a hop schedule? I have multiple oz of all of those! Any dry hopping?

Awesome! What kind of hop schedule? Maybe .5 oz of Summit as bittering? Any dry hopping?

palisades and summit are great for flavor, aroma, or dry hop additions. i've had good luck with ahtanum as a flavor addition.

i'd probably go with a 60 min summit, then
like 2-3 oz of palisades and ahtanum at 15 min
2-3 oz of palisades and ahtanum mix at 10
an ounce or two of summit at 5
and an ounce or two of any of them at flameout.

palisades/summit dry hop.

i've found summit to be very nice apricotish at times, but a little more dank quite often, so you might want to use it at a lower % of the mix.

that's what i would lean towards for my personal tastes. as with all beer, it's all quite subjective.

palisades and summit are great for flavor, aroma, or dry hop additions. i've had good luck with ahtanum as a flavor addition.

i'd probably go with a 60 min summit, then
like 2-3 oz of palisades and ahtanum at 15 min
2-3 oz of palisades and ahtanum mix at 10
an ounce or two of summit at 5
and an ounce or two of any of them at flameout.

palisades/summit dry hop.

i've found summit to be very nice apricotish at times, but a little more dank quite often, so you might want to use it at a lower % of the mix.

I have been playing around with brewer's friend (your hop schedule is a perfect 80 IBU btw) going with 8 lbs pale LME, 1 lbs dextrose for some dryness, .75 lbs Goldswaen and .6 lbs midnight wheat. Thoughts? True to the style?

I have been playing around with brewer's friend (your hop schedule is a perfect 80 IBU btw) going with 8 lbs pale LME, 1 lbs dextrose for some dryness, .75 lbs Goldswaen and .6 lbs midnight wheat. Thoughts? True to the style?
i've never once tried to stay within the lines for any kind of American beer styles. the recipe looks tasty to me.

what's the og?
i tend to lean towards the malty side of og:bu, but it's a hop forward kinda brew so let those ibu's fly!

i've never once tried to stay within the lines for any kind of American beer styles. the recipe looks tasty to me.

what's the og?

Brewer's friend has me at 1.070

7 to 8 ABV would be perfect I think. Thanks again and I will keep you updated, appreciate the help!

Back